Skip to main content

Kota Kinabalu's first Industrial Rustic Hotel @ Ibis Styles Inanam


I've been busy rediscovering Kota Kinabalu, and Sabah in general ever since the travel restrictions have been lifted. Mainly because everyone is having the BEST of prices! 😋 And I mean, THE BEST. This seems the perfect time to visit all the places I've had many excuses not to, expensive, crowded, far, etc. 

This time... I discovered one of Kota Kinabalu's hidden gem, it's first and honestly the most legit industrial and rustic hotel in Kota Kinabalu, the Ibis Styles. Located within the beating heart of Inanam, and essentially along the busiest Tuaran-Inanam bypass, the location is perfect to cater to the demands of its bustling area. 


For first impressions, this 3 star hotel is unlike any other sleek sparkly hotels. It is bold in design, with its bared brick as its entire exterior, complemented with lush landscape at the entrance, and bared cement walls in all rooms with simple but functional smart room designs. Including, a steel pipe as desk light! 😍


I had the opportunity to work + relax in this hotel over a weekend and had the pleasure of enjoying coffee and tea time, cocktails at the sky+rooftop bar. This bar overlooks Kota Kinabalu city (although rain), it was still so beautiful, because Skydex (the bar) is at the highest point in that area so it overlooks the entire city. I get to experience the sunset peeked through the sky, windows glisten and the night lights sparkle. 

Sometimes truly, this is better than any Netflix. 


It was really relaxing. Turns out, the cost for a day or two's peace of mind is only less than RM 150 per night, and best of all? I am slightly away from the vigour of KK city centre without exactly being too far from it either. Does it make sense? It's quite perfect 😊 Have you guys ever thought of just relaxing at a hotel or resort over a day or two? 

If yes, this is really the perfect time 😊

What made me fall absolutely in love with this place is how zero-waste friendly it is. Perfect for the youthful modern day travelers. They refill water bottles great, refill shampoos and liquid soaps, all their takeaways are in recycled paper box much like the ones used for egg trays, but what really impressed me was the fact that they put a notice of informing you that they will not be providing toothbrush and toothpaste until requested. At first I was like, ey - where's the toothbrush, it can't be that they don't provide? So when I saw the notice I was like, this is excellent. 


But I talked too much. 

I hope the photos do justice at how cool this hotel is. They have function rooms for all your meetings, and a hall for your bigger events. Fitness center is open from 6.00am to 10.00pm. 


If you are looking for an alternative place to work, stay and simply relax - I think Ibis Styles is what you're looking for. It's an indie and rustic alternative to what we're all used to and certainly fitting for the cool, like me 😜



Love, 
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.