Skip to main content

Luncheon at Momogun Leisure Village

As the pandemic ravages through every little thing, a small community I am part of becomes no exception. For many years, we tried to sustain it with the objective of it being an educational platform. We started in 2013, and have created so many fond memories from. I became a president one term, and a public relations vice president another. 

That was the only thing that kept me sane in my workplace. When we're meeting up, we don't talk about work at all. Not about business goals, but about our livelihoods, our friendships and many things that are far more important. It's a distraction, even without having to leave the workplace. 

It's the Toastmasters Club 💓

What started as a platform to teach one another English, build confidence and essentially speaking in front of an audience grew much more than that. We became friends, and mentors, both in the club and in life. Everyone was humble and relatable. You drag the walls down of them as colleagues, you begin to see them as the people they are. I am very passionate about helping my colleagues, which was what drove me to sustain it as well. I endured lots of teases, jokes about the club, but I wasn't doing it for me (completely), I had my friends in mind so none of that mattered. You truly see miles of change from the person they first were.

But the pandemic has forced us to close it down as we pack our stuff and bid goodbye to this community, and eventually each other as some of us leave the company too. 

But yay! We manage to sneak in a last outing as a group together at Momogun Leisure Village! A rural area between Penampang Tambunan, which after about 45 minutes drive left me without internet. I was getting worried whether my Honda Jazz Car could pass through the small creek, or the muddy areas. Luckily I could, but honestly, I would recommend a 4WD much better. Imagine I have to call someone for help but my phone has no line?? 😖 #firstworldproblems 

It cost us RM 50 (buy 1 free 1), that was the deal and that was why we decided to try it out. The food was simple, but you also pay for the conservation of the area. 


Eating inside the river feels weird. Your feet gets cold, and you wonder whether the river spiders would climb and bite you, you're even wondering whether there would be river snakes around. But it's such a refreshing (literally) and interesting concept, you would definitely enjoy it. The rocks are slippery, because river, but the surrounding sights are so gorgeous. 



Momogun Leisure Village 
Location: https://goo.gl/maps/ddHaSgvF1mXm8uVK8 
Great for groups around 10 pax 


Love, 
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.