Skip to main content

Things to do in Langkawi

The duty free island Langkawi is apt for a couple of days, and if you're staying in a beautiful place like I did for some rest and relax, you can also choose to enjoy the island with some of these easygoing activities most of which are tourist attractions.

They are fairly affordable, accessible and family friendly. Of course, I did some non-family friendly stuff as well 😝

Like - drowning in cheap cocktails,



#1 Langkawi 3D Art Museum, Sky cable car and Late Lunch at Oriental Park
Fees: RM 40nett from Klook 

I had decided to dedicate a day for these activities; 3D Art Museum, Sky Cable Car and Oriental Park because they are all within the same complex.

It was a last minute thing, booked one day before. Thanks to Klook's convenience (no one is paying me for this), everything was easy. I got the tickets through my email, and didn't have to rush. The only thing to note was (because I went over the weekend), it gets busier as the day goes. So I went there around 9am and started with the 3D art museums first.

^ OMG I'm so cute hahahahaha

It was quite fun, only thing was, I went alone, so it was really weird having to keep asking people to take photos of you 😂



#2 Kilim Geoforest Park
Fees: RM 120nett for 4 hours including a lunch

Probably one of my favourite activity among the lot, I decided on jumping on a boat to the Kilim Geoforest Park (basically the whole cave and sea complex) the night before around 10pm. This was something I really look forward about Langkawi the most because of the accessibility to its famous landscape and scenic views.

IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL. MORE THAN I CAN IMAGINE. 



I took the half day cave tour and the other half to the andaman sea, and absolutely loved it! The first guide who was so knowledgeable in all sorts of topic really piqued my interest in Langkawi's nature and wildlife. I had so much fun with the rest of the Japanese tourists learning about the caves' and the mangroves' ecosystem. And as you can see, it wasn't really very expensive.

Areas covered include; bat cave, eagle feeding, mangrove visit, open sea visit to The Andaman Sea, the Kilim Geoforest Park landmark - the Hollywood sign of Langkawi, and the fish farm where we had our lunch.



#3 Underwater World Langkawi 
Fees: RM 30nett

This was okay. It somewhat served its purpose to be educational, but anything with animals in confined space can be controversial these days. For an RM 30nett as a conservation fee, this was fairly expensive considering its size and what minimum maintenance I assume was done (or can see from).

I still had fun regardless, I am so easily amused, there were giant turtles, penguins and really cool looking tentacles which I ended up trying to communicate with for about 20 minutes 😂 Animals are absolutely the cutest 💖 I spent about 1.5 hours there, which I thought was quite long.



It also served as a greenhouse, some sort of preservation of the greens and forest were available there as well, and there were lots of birds, which was quite pleasant to be around with. It wasn't as big as Singapore's garden by the bay (who is comparing to this giant anyway), but it was functional in that sense.


I. Had. Fun!

#4 Sunset and Cocktails at Cenang Beach 
Duty free! I enjoyed most of my evenings by Cenang Beach which was very near to where I stayed watching the sunset roll down, with cocktails in hand. And I mean cocktail(s). At one evening, the cocktail was so huge I was actually contemplating my decision. Can you believe!

Sunset + cocktail, need I say more?



#5 Stay in! (or duty free shopping) 

I mean. Holidays are essentially, for us to relax and recuperate. If you've booked a place like mine that is so relaxing to just stay in, with a beautiful view over a swamp and the sea, why wouldn't you stay in?

Spend the day reading, start with a good breakfast and essentially start your day in the evening. I spent a lot of times catching up on time when I was there.

Well, another option is shopping. I'm not very big into shopping, only reason I got some stuff was because they were for my colleagues, family and friends.



However you'd like to experience Langkawi, from eating its delicious street food, spa rest and relax, swimming in cocktails, duty free shopping to nature and wildlife.

There's really something for everyone 😊

Love,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to