Skip to main content

Denise's Hens Night

Has this been one year ago? 

Oh don't remind me how terrible I am keeping up with the time.
Oh wait, it's me reminding myself.

Since Denise was getting married that weekend, it was only right that her sister and her best friends sort out a hens night for her. Candice (sister) did most of the planning, and buying - we came only a day before the party so we could only help doing the things on that evening itself.

Like.

Making a penis like dessert, chocolate covered banana and marshmellow.
GENIUS.

Turns out, it was really delicious toooooo.
Just, like all things long, avoid eye contact when eating.



These things were so good, we couldn't help but eating them halfway through while making them. Look at our sprinkles covered bananas!!!!!



The place was an extension of a private area comes with kitchen and outdoor area too. The long table was sorted for us, so we basically just took some time to prepare dining setups.

^More penises shape like straws. I mean -

It's the weekend of downsizing to just one for the rest of her life!
So we'll need plenty of these to remind her that. Hahahaha (please ignore me)

We had tough questions (I thought it was tough!!! talking about exes and stuff) thrown at Denise and to have it answered in front of everyone! (Including her young cousins heheheh). Some of us had a few too many wines (me) so I was woozy halfway through. I must have laughed at everything everyone said.

We continued the night to a bunch of bars around Melbourne, some of which seemed to look like it was in a parking lot......... with really good music though.

We did some of the dares there (omg we must).

Good times. 



Okay so the main reason I wanted to do a simple post about this party was for this photo. I kinda didn't want to let go of this photo.

De was one of my first few friends in Taylors. In fact, she was probably the first? We met while waiting for the free shuttle to school from Redzuan Condo (God bless this condo), and she asked me whether the bus was going there.

Turns out she was in the SAME. CLASS. AS. ME.
I must have had "I AM A TIMID VILLAGE GIRL PLEASE TALK TO ME" on my forehead at that time.

SHE WAS SO FRIENDLY!

And that, never changed 10 years later. She is still the kindest, most giving, most caring person I've ever known. I was taken aback at how friendly and kind she was at the first meet, turns out, it really is just her.

I am so happy you have met your partner in life. We have gone through many things as friends (You, me, Kerry, Audrey and Swee Wei), many firsts as friends as well. Just be you, and you will see ripples of good things happening to you like it always have.

Love you!

Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.