Skip to main content

What up mid year

Hi folks,

I'd rather spend my time trash write in this space then scrolling on FB/Insta cause I'm a blog fan like that. It is also a make-believe that I'm actually doing something I love as a past time which is writing. I also treat this place as my photo album, caption and stories and stuff.

Except my English these days.
Terribly influenced by social media and I listen too much to rap and rnb (I blame Drake).....

Is it just me or has it been January, February la la la la ------- AUGUST!!
F. Where did the rest of the months go? 💨

But first an aged, filter-less, update selfie of me
I tried this hobby lobby challenge but got super shy went people started walking around hahaha



THIS YEAR, I SAID NO TO MANY THINGS! 

Wohoo, a huge achievement for an opportunist like me. You know doing out of the ordinary by NOT TAKING OPPORTUNITIES. For the first 6 months of the year, I have slept 👉A LOT MORE, and 👉 read a few lines from books more GOD forbid I picked up the bible this year. (I am open to all kinds of reading). It's quite an achievement compared to my absolutely un-creative life last year.

Sleep. Eat. Shit. Work. Repeat.
Multiply that by 300 days at least.

I also have more time for dancing now!! It's no legit dancing classes, it's just me thrashing around the house including doing the Keke without recording it. Half the time nekkid because FREEDOM. Having more physical activities. I have no plans to look ribbed as of yet, maybe in a few years time where my number one focus is going to be on health. Just the occasional walking, running, house chores.

I say no most of the time also because I now live on my own. So I really needed the extra time to clean my house (although no one is ever here), do some woodwork (HAHAHA it's just me fixing furniture actually), planting, cleaning. Homestuff.

We're also trying to earn extra bucks (me trying to repay my family loan) so we have Airbnb'd this home. Know any friends who might be interested to come to KK and stay in a small village (with no aircond, and really in a village, close to lizards and stuff) but still relatively near to the city that's near the airport? Hook me up!

It may not be one of those spotless clean apartment with motivational wordings cause I live in a village with trees, forests and lizards nearby and it is filled with paintings I've collected from all over the world and I will be a very nice host! 💞

If not me, then mum who loves meeting people as much as I do!




And then there's a baby.
(Not mine)



You know the myth if you're an aunty all you do is look at your baby nephew or niece's pics?
It's not a myth. It is real. If it isn't my bro sending them to us, it's me trying to zoom into his face at the corner of his baby crib trying not to wake him up with my camera sound.

KAN BABY ELIJAH *Welcome to the world boi


Need. To. Say. Something: One of the biggest turn of events for most Malaysians (I mean no civic conscious Malaysians should ignore this fact) was when we changed to a new government. Sure some people look familiar in this new line up, but there was just a shift of energy in the recent election. There is a kind of new hope, new energy floating through the air. And I'm all for new energies. Until they reintroduce the tax. /bangsheadonwall 

I'm saying this cause it was also the weekend of mother’s day. It was quite funny, after me having to queue for 3 hours, and rushing to help Jessy with her stuff we almost had to "force" an evening drink and dinner for mother's day. BUT WE HAD TO. The only time we ever truly get to catch up is through family dinners. 

And OMG lucky, look at the weather! 💘

^Rooftop drinks and dinner at Hotel No.5

My brother decided to take the later flight to enjoy some dinner with us 💓 While we subconsciously ate really fast so that he won't skip the next flight... 

Sometime end of May to mid June, the three of us went to Europe. It was a quick almost 2 weeks stint within 3 cities; Budapest, Prague and Vienna. These three cities were absolutely breathtaking. I'm sorry I haven't update much about these cities, quite frankly, I don't know where to begin! 


I also wanted to share that I planned to do a secret activity for them, and planned 'ESCAPE ROOM!' (What was I thinking) Harry Potter style. Hahahaha mum was SO scared at escape rooms, she kept telling me THIS IS GONNA BE LAST, but she participated anyway! 

Look at us looking Harry Potter cute



And then I went to Manila with Ingrid and Raychel. All we did was shopping, that by the end of the trip I wanted to vomit blood looking at another mall and at the sound of the word 'shopping'. I am not one to shop...... but things were SO cheap! 😻😻😻

Do I need this unicorn slippers? I think I do. 
Or this blouse? I only have 3 for work (true story). 

I love Jollibee!! 😻😻😻

^Ingrid be like wow this selfie stick is really practical 

^St Augustin Church at Intramuros 

Going to church mass that Sunday was a respite, and the St Augustin church WAS SO BEAUTIFUL. 
I couldn't stop looking at the interior! (Sorry very tricky to take nice photos with all the restriction)

It was also that Sunday when I met Andras, one of our previous Airbnb guest from Hungary that came to KK with his wife 5 YEARS AGO 😱😱😱, in the center of Manila NO LESS. WTF how is that even possible?! I didn't think we would remember each other, until I walked up to him and he said - "JACQKIE?" lol. 

I travel less to Sandakan this year, which is an absolute good thing. I am closer to home which is what I perfectly wanted. I get to manage the home much better being close to home. 

Posy and Panda have moved out (along with bro, Ana and Eli) 
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭


I grew really attached with Panda while he was growing up, and there were many nights I spent sitting down with him eating ice cream (me) and ranting about life. Most of the time he's licking and biting my face off, and when tired he'd jumped on my lap thinking he's still tiny. 

Plants, cats, dogs and home. These have become the anthem of my life, although not complaining I am so ready to spice it up with more things like. Discipline healthy routines, reading and even go on dates (YES I SAID IT FAMILY AND FRIENDS)! 30 and single? People say this this is the best time to be alive haaaaa clearly they've not been online and met the people you met 😳

Planning a relaxing, rewarding birthday celebration this October. Partially planning it with Sway and God willing will be visiting KL and two other destinations. Mid year done and dusted 💖

Pray for me! 

Love,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.