Skip to main content

Coldplay Concert in Taipei, Taiwan

TODAY I feel like updating on one of the most awesome night of my life. It's one of those episode where kind strangers meet shameless Jacqkie, making up a truly awesome ride.

It's typical of my life really 😂 so here goes.


THE STORY



A couple of months ago, the entire world, or maybe South East Asia was in shackles knowing that Coldplay was coming their way to this part of the world. Somehow or rather, Malaysia was not part of the list as metropolitan Kuala Lumpur usually would................

The world tour for South East Asia would encompass Manila, South Korea, Tokyo and Singapore to name a few. Most Malaysians (from Kuala Lumpur mainly due to the accessibility) naturally gravitated and had plans to catch Coldplay in Singapore....... little did they know, or maybe we did we ALL know and didn't expect, that there would be a blood bath.

I LOVE COLDPLAY. I've listened to them since I was a kid, and their songs have saved my life many times, so I'm not going through the whole yap about how I would die not having to seen them live (yet). I am not bothered about other people's proof of their love to their favorite band neither am I here to prove to anyone, I just wanted to catch them LIVE. So I did what any normal genuine fan would do.

I logged in the night before, registered myself as a LivingNation member for the Singapore's concert.

For full excerpt of this adventure please click here 

Long story short, we friggin failed the whole thing after about 6 hours of waiting, virtually at war with everyone else to get the Singapore tickets. 

My sister (which was the only motivation I had left at this point) convinced me to travel to another destination for this concert............................... which so happened to be the destination we wanted to travel to.

TAIPEI! 

Another long story short, we got the tickets thanks to a kind man's help 🙌🙌


ACTUAL CONCERT DAY

Mr Paul and I have remained in contact since the purchase of the ticket, including the payment and the actual meetup 😂 

The day was expected to be cold and rain, so I decided to ditch the style that I don't have in the first place to a bag of windbreaker hmmmmm comfy. I could sleep in it just thinking about it 😉


The concert was located in another district, so we had a few options to travel into and out of it. The best bet seemed to be the High Speed Rail, which Jessy and I have wanted to try either. The trains in Taiwan/ Taipei are amazing! They're very convenient, mostly had English translations "most", and even if you have problems around you, the Taiwanese were very helpful (although most DO NOT speak English). 





By the time we reached the destination, we bought our return ticket earlier to avoid the prospect of human and car jam. We were early, so we went there to try our luck to collect the tickets but to no avail, cause they had wanted Mr Paul's passport either. 

So we took some photos. 
Forced my little girl like a mum would at each corner 😄

And after meeting Mr Paul!! Who finally materialized the whole thing by giving me our tickets!! 😀😀😀😀😀 We went on to get some food to prepare ourselves for a long night. 


We weren't sure what to eat........... so we decided on hot dogs wtf. 

The weather actually looked very gloomy. There was no sun in sight, everyone was in their windbreakers and jackets, or plastic covers, people were sniffing (at least I was) and had a bland face (maybe me) but I reckon everyone was as excited as one another!! 

I know I was. 

All those years of listening it to them on their earphones, and Youtube and having to wish that I could see them live and be part of the big giant party singing to every word. 

I finally am. 

(In the rain)



Bought these cheap shoes because it looked like their new album, specifically for the wear and tear of this concert as well. True enough, it died right after.

Thank you for your service, the hours of waiting, the jumping and the screaming!



And then the concert;

It started of with the famous Charlie Chaplin's intro of the song A Head full of Dreams which have made me MENTAL. I loved that intro so much, no other album or song have done its justice to remind humanity than that intro.

I told my sister I wasn't going to take much photos or videos, because I was gonna live the night.

The songs played were (tell me this isn't a KICKASS SETLIST I had thrown my phone in the beginning of the concert because I was ready to sing and dance my lungs out);
  • A Head Full of Dreams (extended intro with Charlie Chaplin speech)
  • Yellow
  • Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall
  • The Scientist
  • Birds
  • Paradise
  • Always in My Head
  • Magic
  • Clocks
  • Midnight
  • Charlie Brown
  • Hymn for the Weekend
  • Fix You
  • Everglow
  • Violet Hill
  • Viva la Vida
  • Adventure of a Lifetime
  • Kaleidoscope
  • In My Place (acoustic)
  • Don't Panic
  • Til Kingdom Come
  • Something Just Like This
  • A Sky Full of Stars
  • Up&Up


Each of us received this wrist band light that changes at every song, made the entire place and night colourful as the new Coldplay is.

They asked us to return the wristband............................................................. I mean.





Shiver is still my favourite but they broke through the stream with Yellow. It was world's most romantic and depressing song at that time. Many hated and loved it, not understanding how love can be both.

But it didn't matter, they finally paved their way in.

Every artist to my delight, shows growth in their art or in this case, music akin to a normal human being, like me. I've had plenty of days when Yellow would suit me, but now, I look forward to more days with a head full of dreams.

I could go on, but they're truly the most relatable band in the world which is why they resonate to the mass so much. Even though most do not glorify them, they remain in our playlist, like a good book that we run to, to save us when we needed to be saved.

Thank you Mr Paul for helping us out. There were many hands of God that helped us throughout this trip and you were one of them. Remembering the joy and pain the concert had brought us, it was one of the best trip, night or moments I've had.

And with my best person to do it with me 😊


Love,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.