Skip to main content

Mid Year Weddings and Birthdays

The past couple of months flew by in a flash and I have been on complete overdrive. I can't pin point how it has made me feel, but I know I feel exhausted most of the time. Family thinks I'm depressed, and because I am not the best version of myself when I am tired and stressed, I ended up spending most of the time on my own. You know, as not to go jackshit on people.

Between the times spent on my own, I made sure I go to all the weddings I'm invited to (favourite!), and host birthdays of people I love. I mean, what is life without these people.

Jessy's Birthday @ Rooftop Pool Side Bar and Grill 

I decided not to upload the family photo because the lighting was terrible, everyone looked like they were baked or something. Sorry, so I missed Ana in the picture.

It was quite easy to organise in a venue where some of your friends are working. They made sure our arrangements were taken care of, and took a out a free cake for Jessy's birthday. Jessy had two cakes by the end of the night.



Sam's Wedding

Sam was one of the first few people I hired in the company. After he left, we remain friends and couldn't be any happier when we found out he finally popped the question to his long term girlfriend. JY looks absolutely stunning.

It's always good to meet everyone again, weddings are a pretty awesome kind of reunion.
(And binge drinking).




Angel and Alex's Dinner 

Since the lovebirds will be moving to France to start their life together, we've decided to throw them a get together, and ended the night with a weird Thai movie. Best part was, we weren't bothered with the sound for the first 1.5 hours, as the movie got even stranger, we finally put the sound on. It's one of those movies where when you think it can't get any weirder, it threw a curveball of more strange things when you least expect it. But yes, we finished it.

The gang and angel x alex.

These photos do not look HD and weirdly looking 😕



Me

Just some photos of me catching up on life and doing things I love.

I found a good place that serves my favourite thing in the world quite well; eggs benedict. I'm enjoying my own company and will definitely come here again to find solace.


I'm currently reading Oscar Wilde, stuck at Dorian Gray one of my favourite literature of all time. I never read completely any Oscar Wilde's book - so I am absolutely dumbfounded how glorious the writing is!

I don't usually talk about work, but when I do it's because real talents are involved. These kids are so good at playing the traditional musical instruments made out of bamboo, and singing! But don't take my word for it, the fact that they won a big Malaysian dancing competition seals the deal.


That's all folks, my life is important because of the people I love and the things I do to keep going.

Love,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to