Skip to main content

One night in Mt Dandenongs Boronia, Melbourne

So the whole reason the four of us girls flew to Melbourne was for Denise and Luke’s Wedding! The beautiful, with perfect weather (after a whole week of rain) wedding at the mountains of Dandenong 🌿🌿🌿




We found out that Lyrebird Falls (where the wedding was) located about an hour’s drive from the city. So we posed the question whether we wanted to come back to the city after the wedding, or whether we would want to stay overnight.

Turns out, overnight at Dandenongs was cheaper. 
So we chose just that! We rented a car (which was an episode of identifying drivers itself) to Dandenong, and the drive was absolutely beautiful. 

Blue skies, lots of greens and many clouds 😍




I found Silvana’s place via Airbnb where it said it's about 10 - 15 minutes drive to Lyrebird Falls which we thought was PERFECT! 

And confession, one of the reason we *I* decided on Silvana's place was because of a picture with the ADORABLE DOGGY JESSY that *I* knew, I would fall in love in an instant.

I think when we all first saw her house *my eyes shifted to the backyard and all I could think of was, WHAT A HUGE BACKYARD TO PLAY AROUND!!* - we must have secretly fell oh no, the house was too small for us 4 adult ladies........



But boy were we wrong!! 

Not only was it SPOTLESS clean, it was equipped with EVERYTHING.

A television set with a DVD player and some DVDs on the side of your choice, a complete kitchenette (except for cooking) with a sink, a microwave and a fridge! One very very very clean toilet with an attached shower and the whole thingamajig, as well as two separate rooms, one with a queen bed and another bunk bed.


When we walked in.. we were like .. waaaa. 

What's even more special was that at the sink, there was a bowl of fruits all PLUCKED FROM HER GARDEN πŸ˜‹

The morning after the wedding, I went out for a play with Jessy the doggy and roamed around the backyard. I saw she had planted many fruits, vegetables, some lemons, raspberries, strawberries and wanted to sneakily eat one or two fresh from the trees.



Got myself some strawberries, some raspberries πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

When I plucked the raspberries from the branches, there was a small cute caterpillar rolling out of it, which meant only good things. They don't use pesticides. 

Maybe it's the fact that I felt the textures, or maybe it is Dandenong, but the raspberry was sooooo delicious πŸ’˜



I attempted to play catch with Jessy the adorable doggy but failed miserably. I mean I threw the ball...... and all she did was watched it flung out from my hand. K bummer, she got super excited though, when Silvana played with her!!



I had a really good conversation with Silvana just before checking out. She shared with me many of her personal stories, including the men in her life. We weren't sure whether to laugh or to cry talking about that topic, but it was sure a ball of a topic! 😌😌

We drove out and left Dandenong approximately before 12pm to catch our brunch. Where we almost got murdered by waffles and scones at Miss Marple's Tea Room. Read more about here >> 

If you would like to explore Dandenong, please do not hesitate to book with Silvana. Her place is impeccable!

Stay with Silvana at Dandenong 
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18736870

Love,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to