Skip to main content

Highlights of 2016 in Pictures

Hey guys,

I wanted to do a travel video like the cool person I am but our computer are not in talking terms with the keyboard, so the plan failed 😭😭


So now, I'm just posting photos as below.

When I skipped my brother’s engagement for a much earlier planned friend’s wedding in KL
(😭😭😭😭 Yes I am a terrible sister)


So out of extreme guilt I helped did their engagement decoration 😭😭😭


And then eventually celebrated the Chinese New Year over a SLUMBER PARTY! 


Went for a high school reunion, look! Sisters!


Company outing with these guys


Sorry, I meant these guys ^

Read our trip here >>

Went to Bangkok with BFF for Stephie’s Bachelorette PARTAYYYYY 🎉
(Got conned, free unlimited alcohol in the process and lots of food court)


Read our adventures here (Shopping in Bangkok) 
Read our adventures here ("Temple Running" in Bangkok)

Continued the trip with my little girl, Jessy to Pattaya (They were FREE stays!) 💅💅


Read our free stay at Intercontinental Pattaya Resort >> 

Learned how to cook from the Thais yayyy


Read about our cooking class in Pattaya >>

Visited Italy, Venice (!!!) Everything I dreamed it to beeee 😍😍😍😍



Learned how to make Tiramisu, Pizzas and Carbonara from real Italians (omg can’t believe I’m saying this) And DRANK SO MUCH while I was at it


Ate way too much gelato^


Stayed in the countryside


Read about staying in countryside Venice via Airbnb >>

Ate the whole of Italy up. Okay fine, just Rome


Clearly at this point I don't care about anything else anymore ^

Read about my food adventures in Rome & Venice >>


Best friend Stephie got hitched, FINALLY


And the rest of the gang followed and partied in the kampong

*a moment of silence. It was also the day I found out about my uncle's passing. Loved him so much. I believe he's in a better place*

Took the best family photo EVER


Visited the family at Tenom (Missed them so much) 


Read about my Kampong trip >>

Became aunties!!




Visited Chee Hang and his beautiful Jane in Shanghai for their wedding.
Ate too many things, thanks to Chee Hang Love


And formed a comradeship *peace out

Company’s annual party, my 4th year 


Worked hard but partied harder



Picked up a hobby………… that pays


Best friend Swee Wei got married!!!!!!! Flew to KL for her special day of course
No long distance can stop me


Finally gone on that Vietnamese foodcation I’ve been dreaming!!!!! 😍😍😍😍


Read about my Hanoi adventures, barely done >>

Celebrated my 2*th birthday (HAHA I just realised, I wore the same thing)
Don't care if it's a taboo (and mum's and sis' jokes of drawing portraits of me and disgust)



Night run (the only run in the year for us really 😜) + neon party with the little girl


Living between two cities ……. And two families ✈✈✈
(Idk wtf I'm doing with my finger, maybe it represented three of us siblings) 


Year End Family Gathering ……. Which got me REALLY sick.
Like high fever and nauseous sick, sick


LOOKING FORWARD 2017!



Love,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.