Skip to main content

A little bit of October and November

Little did I know that after quitting my job in the social media industry about a year ago, I would be venturing into something new and extremely immersive. The hotel industry doesn't sleep and according to a friend the industry is best described by only two things; beauty and busy. Do I agree with this? No, not at all. There are tons of other words that best describe the industry, both good and bad, but I must say these two do cover the majors. Beauty, which I believe she meant encompasses grooming is well known by hoteliers, that if you by for some reason are not "groomed enough" you have not abide to a hotelier's rule. Working in the hospitality and hotel industry means you'd have to constantly "look good" or at least "look groomed", can mean to be glamorous at most times. And busy, well let's just say we do our very best to you keep you warm at night and all of that come from everywhere. And if you're paying for a 5 star service, we too are busting our way for the 5 star offering. 

So many things went through these two months. I think I'm going to be a little lazy for this post and insert funny one or two captions over some pictures only. My friends and I have been trying out salsa just lately. One of us teaches salsa the first Monday of the month at a bar in the city for the past three months now, and we have been having so much fun with it. So so much fun. 


This was from Morris' camera. That's all of us after a couple of hours of a good ol' good salsa session. We were actually sweating around like crazy. Let me introduce you to my friends (if I haven't yet), from left to right that's Mira, Morris, Kimberly (in pink top), Ben, Chris (the teacher), Aaron and Angel (that's hugging me from the back). This is the notorious salsa crowd. Haha. 

Other than that, I realised I have been meeting up with a lot more of my primary school mates, which is awesome beyond words. Some people change, while some remain. The gorgeous Izzati's cousin (a friend since I was seven) married my cousin so besides catching up we were just teasing each other of the fact that Kota  Kinabalu is well, big but yet also so very small. The irony. 


And this my friend is one of my favourite photo from the wedding that I snapped (below). Why, if you have known me enough or known my constant preach about love, kindness and rebut on racism you'd probably have guessed. (no wonder some people call me hippie). 

This is a rare sight of a multi-racial team of flower girls. Love, love, love interracial relationships or weddings. Love, love, love the idea of embracing, appreciating and loving someone who not only is physically different from what you are familiar with your whole life, but also culturally who has a million and one things that would probably be new and unknown to you. The idea of embracing your partner who has everything completely different from what is nurtured and natured as they were growing up from you, is so beautiful. I get all jazzed up whenever I hear these stories. 

Look at the colourful pretty girls :) Love this picture. 


Last week, Morris Aaron Mira Angel and I went to Labuan just cause. It was so much fun, and we even did all the touristy stuff :)  I'm definitely writing more on Labuan that's for sure, I'll include all the intricate details as well on how we go about it, while taking the ferry and so forth. It should be useful for you :) 


Okay, I think I'm running out of things to say, and I'd really rather not post pictures of myself to compensate words, so I'll leave as it is and will write some useful stuff for my what little phantom readers I have. 

Have a good night. 

Love, 
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.