Skip to main content

baby, i'm back

I am so clever at times i just feel like pinching myself all over to realize how intelligent i can be. I wanted to upload the pics on my cam just now, when i "fell" like there's something missing. and we all know how "feelings" can be very right sometimes. I went back to my room and looked through to all my stuffs;

a) Laptop. check.
b) Mouse and charger. check.
c) Phone Charger. check.
d) Adapter. check.
e)Memory cards. check.
f) Camera. check.

herm. what did i miss? when i was about to keluarkan the memory card from my camera, all of the sudden there's this spotlight spotlighting on (is there such thing) the BATTERY. I FORGOT MY CAM BATTERY CHARGER. *shakes head*

i waited for my brother just now to tell him what i left behind, just to see whether he'll shake me to death or ignore me. He's a bit of a perfectionist, so it's fun messing around with him- because before leaving for KK, he helped me pack some of my stuffs.

ME: bang, i left something behind........
ABANG: *turn around makes a "what is it this time?" face*
ME: ..camera battery charger.
ABANG: *closed his face with his hands* pandai betul oh kau nih.

That's exactly what i thought.

SO anyway, am currently in KK. YEHAAA! I reached home around 10something and only slept at 2.30am. I was busy fixing up my mum's NEW(ceh ceh ceh) phone's contacts. arranging it and making sure the phone is completely ready by morning. am still a little bit scared imagining how my mum's gonna communicate with people with her new phone. My mum is the replica of me. We dont seem to care or know about savvies, gadgets or phones in this matter. i just hope my mum wont be loudspeaker-ing while she puts it on her hear, because people! i've seen that happen.

I couldnt really sleep last night. i was extremely happy and excited that i'm finally back home. I've been missing my house BADLY here in KK back few months ago when college was torturous, and here i am now feeling happier than ever.

Not only everything here is free; rent, food, bills, astro, Maid(wah, i wish i'd one in KL), internet, car, advises, siblings' love and burdens- but it's also because all my loved ones are sleeping under one roof. I can just tuck in with my sister when i feel like to or i can just watch meaningless sports with my brother because let's face it- he'll control the tv.

Imagine this- you woke up at 6.30am. You open your phone, you have messages asking "where the hell are you, lepak!" and mum's message asking why did you switched off the Astro just now.
You go downstairs only to see your laundry has been clean up for the day- not the week-, and you look for food when your maid kindly asked you what to eat so she can cook for you,
you opened Astro to watch Fairly Odd Parents with Ice Milo in your hand waiting for the food.. and then your brother arrives with YOUR FAVOURITE FOOD of all time and rm30 for handphone reload. and then you also realize, Pirates of The Caribbean 3 is on screen this thursday and your FAVOURITE MOVIE of all time- SHREK 3 will be out by 31st may too. the movies that you'd wish to watch with NO ONE else but your loved ones (my baby sis actually) who knows so much about your love for the movie.

I wouldnt trade my KK home (i wouldnt call it a house) for anything in the world. and sometimes i am very glad that i'm studying so far from home. It just makes home more meaningful and problems far away.

*inhale* home really does smell sweet. *exhale*

Love,
Jacqkie.

Comments

vvens said…
have fun back in KK, blurry sotong! ;p

what kind of battery are you using? AA those kind or what?
not the AA one. The Lumix charger. the battery is like squareshape. heh. :)
DeGiRL said…
ahahahah! it's so u wei.... jac jac.. ahahah! tht's why i love u.. anyways, yeah..being away from home makes u appreciate it much more kan? haha! hav fun lah! :) til we meet again next sem! Luv ya babes!
Eeee! I wanna watch Shrek too!!! XP

And Denise is right!! Enjoy your time in KK!!

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.