Skip to main content

my valentine

first of all, to whom it may concern YOU owe me your life!



nah, just kidding.

Okay, it's valentine's again and i know everyone is so excited about it..

except well.. for ME.
It would be ok if i was in love or at maybe at least in a relationship but since i'm not, i dont LIKE valentine's day.


the waste of money, the expensive food, the lovey dovey love notes, the coordinated shirt colour, the giggles, surprises...

a friend of mine invited me to this one "function" which i may call it as Valentine's dinner although i dont want to admit it was a valentine's dinner, because it was rather... ODD. the fact that we're not really close friends makes the situation even weirder.


As soon as we reached the restaurant, his friend told us that we need to pretend we're a couple. STRIKE 1.
After saying no and eew about a million times , i eventually decided to just go with the flow. and well what the heck, i should have fun anyway.

the food was quite nice, and i must say although i dont even really know what i ate, (hmmm), i pretended like i'm enjoying the food, because well, i guess it's the nicest thing to do. *grins*

i was given a small box but i had to give the small box to my friend instead, and inside the box contains a love note, which he HAS to read (lame, cheesy, eeeewwish) infront of everyone and dedicate it to me.

I was laughing so hard AT HIM and i guess after that it was pretty obvious to everyone that we're not a couple huh.

Everyone had this "awww so sweet expression" but some were laughing their heads off like me. I could tell it was pretty embarassing. somehow it was VERY entertaining too! STRIKE 2.

The third one was extremely ridiculous.


EXTREMELY ridiculous i say!

he had to tell everyone where we first met each other and how the love blooms and all the crappy things that makes us in love. i was forcing him not to do it, because if he does, i'll either kill myself or him! it was extremely embarassing for both of us! and the worst part was, he had to kiss me on the cheek to make it more convincing! OMG! Did i mention to you he's not really a close friend of mine?

But then again, he DID NOT do it. teeeeheeee. *phew* so no third strike! I was so happy he didn't embarassed himself again and after that, i was pretty much okay with everything else.

i absolutely love the dessert, YUMMY and my favourite part was, it was absolutely free! EVERYTHING! screw the embarassment, the drink that tasted like Vitagen, and the ugly clothes i wore and the fact that i really dont know how to Fine-dine(i can be soo budak kampung at times), it was absolutely freaking free! hehehe. neh neh neh neh neh~

*if your valentine was something like mine- where you had to celebrate it with a new friend, expressed their "love" infront of everyone, pretended you were a couple, ate stuffs you dont know, wore slacks and cardigan for dinner(don't ask me why), drank Mocktail that tasted like Vitagen and won a pen stand for a prize, and not just receiving flowers and chocolates as usual-let's just say we had some wacko "new" valentines dont we!


Okay, that was my weird valentine's celebration. what about yours?


Love,
Jacqkie.

Comments

Anonymous said…
mine lgi la sian... memandangkn we both were broke (ahahaha!), we decided to change the day of celebration, hoho...
oh my gosh.. thats so cute. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.