Skip to main content
The year that was.

This year has been a rollercoaster ride for me, and i must admit that i'm not saying this for myself only,but for everyone else too for sure.

The Flashback:

January:
- I finished SPM about a month before, what do you expect? My partying life was just about to begin and let me tell you it has been awesome! I hang out a lot, party alot, clubbed alot, karaokeing alot, you name it all those recreations or whatever you call it i did it almost, nope, not every weekends, but almost everyday. Let's just say, i think i was kinda kebaruan with all the extra time i got after spm. Teheee!
- My infamous ex boyfriend went for PLKN. Well, i was pretty much inseparable with him for 10months until PLKN separated us. The painful breakup was pretty much expected by my friends and my sister (very much) and that's why they chose to be there for me instead of giving me advices or girl power talk. Thank You girls. ;)
- I started working! Hooray! and guess where? not any boutiques or small shops but McDonalds! Dear gosh, i became behind the scene girl and do alot of things that i could never
imagine doing it. Who would've thought? Even my mum thought i would not last a day, but naaah i lasted for almost 2months. Yeah! Being a McDonalds' crew isn't as glamourous as it looked like, i smelled like burgers, sexually harrasted, met awesome friends, met awful friends, pretended i like the customers eventhough i got yelled and screamed at and looked like crap when i'm so tired for almost 2months. ...Only God knows how i felt.

February:
- I was getting ready for college. Despite the fact that i was in science stream and knowing that everyone will ALWAYS look up on those "high-status" carriers like, doctors, chemist, bio-tech (whatever it is) or some marine-biologist (is it), i told my mum that it's not what i like and i'm not doing any of it. She was surprised with my honest confession and agreed to go with what I want. Thus i decided to take Public Relations in Taylor's College. Thanks mummy.

March:
- College. It was pretty much what i expected and more. I was homesick for about a month, especially when my sister calls me. It was awful. Slowly, i began to appreciate the unlimited freedom i have there and began to concentrate on my studies too.
- SPM results. Ouch! it wasnt that bad and it was not good either. I got 3A1s, 6Bs and 1 C5.
I know what you wanna ask, and it's Biology that i got C5. Surprisingly, i did well for Biology in my trial SPM but not in the real one? Well, cursing my heart out wont make me get C5 for Biology right?

April:
- College. And a scandal that i didn't tell anyone. It wasn't really a scandal, it was just suppose not to happen. He was so inlove with me and i lied to some people saying i'm not. But i was in a way. And hoping that he would be with me was awfully ridiculous. Not at that time though, it looked it was about to happen. but i manage to say No and get back to earth. I bet everyone has been a sucker at times like this, so please dont judge me.

May:
- I finished my very fast 2months semester and went back to KK for holiday. It was a bittersweet holiday. I couldnt elaborate more on what actually happend but what i can tell you he scared the hell out of me. He kinda abducted me and forced me to do things i didn't want to. I was petrified but i couldn't do anything because well, it's a really long story. All i can say is, i won't to talk to him anymore because he scared the hell out of me. I thought these things happen only in movies, however there i was experiencing the horror.
- My dating life began this holiday where i took the time to just chill with anyone that asked me out and maybe get to know them better. It was nice, and i met some really nice people. ;)

June:
- BANGKOK! Wohoo, it was so much fun! the language, the people, the food, the culture, the shopping malls, the prices, the markets, the girls, the other girls, the boys!, the transportation, the night life, the zoos, everything was just so awesome. I bought a lot of things from Bangkok because it's soooo cheap there, you can't help but be the ultimate shopper there. I'm serious! The transvestites (did i spell it correctly?) in my personal opinion are the 8th world wonders. They look 100x times better than some women (that includes me) and their spirit and drive to be what and who they want just amazes me. The acceptance of the transvestites in Thailand is unbelievably inspiring and so against my religion if you may ask, hehe. I do not what to say but wow.

July:
- end of holiday. College. again. This semester was really tough. I had to burn the midnight oil, concentrate real hard in class, take part in alot of things, attended some functions and stayed in library alot.

August:
- Nothing awesome. Just classes and alot of assignments. One of the sweetest project i've ever done was eyeDEA. It was an optical company (am i saying it the right way?) we built with a community project we had to do. We had to figure out the wheres,whens, whys, whos of this project. It was awesome. our marks. 27.5/30! *smiles* I felt like a profesional when presenting the project! well, just felt like it. hehe.

September:
- Genting. I had to temankan my cousins and friends to genting. Plus, i didnt want to miss out the fun. hehe. i skipped a class. don't worry i'm a nerdy when it comes to studies so i promise i'll try not to do it again. Hehe. Anyway, it was awesome. i dont wait for people when i go on those rides, and that's exactly what i did. i forced my cousins, but... well, you know. Negative response.

October:
- My awesome birthday. I was thinking to myself which cake i should buy for me to eat on my own (i'm afraid no one remembers it) when my room was ambushed by my housemates and roomates with a cake on their hand. I couldn't believe my eyes but somehow i thank them a million times and gave them the warmest hugs to show thanks. wow, people do remember and some people really do care about me eh? aawww.
- The next day, well the actual BIRTH-day. i didnt tell anyone and somehow some people remembered it and wished me personally. it was really sweet. we were about to finish a class when my friends sang me birthday song with a small bun and one candle on it. It was a surprise thingy and it was a very pleasent surprise indeed. It was so sweet, everyone was treating me like a baby that day, i need not to pay for my food, i got free transportation, free hugs!, free kisses!, free drinks.. everything. It was my first time ever celebrating birthday far from home, and it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. In fact, it wasn't bad at all. It was the sweetest! ;)
- Prom! My first ever college prom. It was a really fun night but stressful before the party began. We got lost, we had fights and we had to walk quite far with high heels and dress. Dang!

November:
- sem 2 ends. After ending the 2nd semester, it was as if like a huge burden had been lifted from my shoulder. It was such a huge relief and i Thank God i ended it well. .
- Holiday!!! i dont wait for people to bring me out, i'll go look for fun myself. As a result? lots of parties, karaokes, meeting lots of new people (that i cannot remember their name, SORRY ;{) and sleepovers and lots and lots of hang outs. I went to Klang for the first time and had a great Bak Kut Teh. LOVE IT.
-Moving out. I have officially moved out from my Taylor's College's Hostel ; Redzuan Condominium. I decided to stay with my cousins despite the fact that it's farther from college than Redzuan. is because i get to save more money ( i go to my cousin's place for weekend mass) every week and it's more of a home to me, eventhough redzuan is just 3minutes away from Sunway. uhu.

December:
- Parties/ Clubs- Need i say more?

- Results. 3As and 2Bs. GPA 3.6.
- THE BIGGEST SECRET EVER, REVEALED!!! it was the most shocking most unbelievable most craziest most are-you-for-real secret ever!! i don't know how to handle it, and it is true that you can change your attitude towards a person/thing when you know something about them. and i'm trying not to be like that. Unbelievable. that's all i have to say.
-more dates, how can you say no to them? :)




its as if only 20% of what really happend this year in my life is in this post. The rest of it? Let's
just say MOST things are better left unsaid. ;)

love,
Jacqkie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.