Skip to main content


I finished the book Exes Anonymous by Lauren Henderson in a week. (Image on Top) If I must rate it, I would rate it 3/5 stars. I have a feeling the book is made for 15 year olds (darn it) because the use of English in this book was rather simple and the description was not vivid enough. The sexs and conflicts scenes were left to the reader’s imagination. No stimulating languages. ...What?

Fortunately, the story line and the plot of this book are rather quite interesting. I didn’t say it was on top of the world interesting, I just find it quite interesting. You know donut interesting.

A story about a girl who’s been dumped by her so-called love of her life. After the break-up, she basically could not think about anything else, but her ex and their wonderful memories. Not days not weeks but for months!!!!


*To all my girlfriends reading this, don’t be like this. Seek help.


The book shows and explain how ugly and awful it looks like to be addicted to your ex. It's as if like you don't have a life. * i second that*

I find it so stupid of her to get stuck in that position, to get addicted to her ex that much for so long. I just couldn’t understand why she would let herself be drowned in her pool of tears knowing that it’s impossible she would get back with her ex. It’s foolish.

After reading the book, slowly I realized that I was once stuck in that position. Man, it reminded me how awful it felt.

It was not after the relationship, it was during it and it was much more deadly. Realizing that I was once addicted to my ex and hoping a lot from him and became too dependent on him disgusted me. Shit! The addiction wasn’t as long as few months, it was just for weeks and I believed that I realized it was sort of feeling-kind-of-quick-sand and I finally have outgrown from it.

I thank God that I did not hit rock bottom that’s why when I broke up I find it quite easy to bounce back and felt at ease to go out with anyone again. It was as if I knew about this book before I even read it. I did not want to be like Rebecca hell no, I never wanted to be the one controlled, attached and manipulated in the relationship. Never.

Okay, so I admitted I was once addicted to my ex but that does not mean I can not live without them during that time, it was just those thoughts of whether they were thinking of me, what they are doing and everything about them was in my head every single second. I wasn’t thinking about myself at that time, I was thinking about him only. I can live, but with him in mind.

After reading the book, I realized too I am a very strong person. Stronger than the girl in this book. Rebecca. I knew that I was addicted to my ex, I wasn’t in denial and I find ways. I hang with people to occupy myself and to stop myself from thinking about my ex every second-everyday. And it was blissfully brilliant of me. I get out from my addiction without anyone ever knowing I was in one. Phew!

Now, I realize I’m stronger than any man I’ve ever met. No one could melt me as much as I could. I totally understand it. If I would fall in love, it is because I let it happen, not anyone else. If I would say no, it would mean no. if I would say yes it should mean yes.

But then again,

Love is so unpredictable that sometimes I don’t understand what I’m doing, for what and how it happened. Sometimes I just got to follow the flow, and it kills me if it doesn’t go my way. I wish a nice guy would just pop in my life without me worrying and thinking too much. Oh dear, this book has definitely made me thinking.
Damn!

Love,

Jacqkie.

Comments

-bba- said…
wah!! So COLOURFUL. Punya susah reading your blog...
Ahem, who la the exes? hehehe...
Love,
Kakak Milla
Anonymous said…
hey kakak milla..
those exs when i was in high school..
*wink*

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.