Skip to main content

Literally a post about Sakura

I have officially become one of the millions that overcrowded the Japanese parks in Tokyo during Sakura season.

Can you blame me though???

Initially, I didn't understand the hype about the Sakura but after seeing with my own eyes how they gracefully disintegrate in the breeze and fall like gentle rain over the many passerby, laughing, toasting and hugging - I totally understand why the Sakura season makes one of the most romantic, most iconic backdrop walks of all time.

Because it truly is.



This is that trip (I usually have one in a year) with mum. And we've been talking about the Cherry Blossoms for as long as I can remember.

Personally, I've never seen the Sakura flowers. It's the kind of flowers you only see in movies, as a backdrop of a dreamy date. Or in a Korean TV series, and you always think it's so beautiful but will not remember it after. And do you know, that the Sakura flowers only bloom for approximately a week? Which is why being able to catch them at its glory is more precious? Which is why Japan is severely crowded during this time of the year? Yes, I didn't either, XY told me this when I met her there.

And this year, we initially decided to go to Tokyo during Easter. Due to a wilful grace of luck, I had to reschedule my flight and bring my whole trip a week forward. When I had to reschedule the trip I was cursing my lungs out. Little did I know (even if you researched the most accurate information is released only a few weeks ahead of the date) that the Sakura's season peak bloom was on the last weekend of March, and Easter was on the second week.

Having to move our trip a week forward meant..... we actually could catch the Sakura in full bloom.




First of all, do you know how bloody difficult it is to rearrange an entire trip?
BLOODY DIFFICULT.

You'd have to re-sort out everything, including flights and accommodation. When doing it, I was angry, annoyed, many things.

But when we arrived Tokyo. In good glorious full bloom it was. There were so many cherry flowers in full bloom around Tokyo at that time our phones were literally full with cherry blossom photos. Not even sure whether they're very different from the hundreds we took before...


We went to Ueno Park (free and actually very huge) but I was told of Shinjuku Park (where you had to pay an x amount of money) are also beautiful. But frankly, Ueno Park made my mum happy enough already, and that made me happy. I mean, we were just lucky to be there a week before our initial date.

And there were food, which is always a good thing.

Absolutely dreamy and beautiful parks. Crowded, yes? But still so much flowers and love to be surrounded with 💖

Love,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.