Skip to main content

A night in Papar in Koposizon Homestay

There is nothing - nothing like the feeling of seeing one of your best friend walking down the aisle. Angel was asking me whether I'd come for Stephie's wedding, but the actual fact that she is one of my closest, and coolest, made me consider whether I'd stay on for the party till night.

Because, why not. 

So I said yes, and just maybe continue the night. I wasn't gonna cut short on a friend I've known for almost 20 years' wedding party. After all, I've got all the freedom in the world to }:)

One of the highest honour in life is to be able to help your friend on her wedding day. I sorted her bouquets, the flower girls' flowers and even her bridesmaids'. She requested for it to look tropical, and I tried just that. It looked like a tropical jungle out there! So so beautiful.



After the church wedding, we drove to Papar and started the party.......... #yolo decided to stay on for the night (minus Morris because he is from Papar himself). We hooked ourselves up with a stay under the Koposizan Homestay, with Uncle Nasius who was also at the party...................................





But we didn't check in only till about 6pm, we didn't want to take the chance to drive on a really dark pathways, so we decided to summon Uncle Nasius at 6pm (who was also still there....... drinking.......... partying.......) to direct us to his house beforehand so that we know the roads to and are aware, if we were to continue the night when we come back.

Which we did!


Photos from Evangelika - thank you my dear :) The house is complete with kitchen area, two rooms one room with an aircond which we decide that all of us will sleep there - chris being on bunk bed of course.


I was walking around the house and realised the garden behind it is SO beautiful! Angel helped me out took some of the photos of the garden / nursery and she even snapped of what seemed like a floral arch?! So lovely! The kampung life is always so beautiful.


The garden or nursery behind the house. 


I learned from Uncle Nasius that when you stay with them at the Koposizon Homestay you can do SO MANY THINGS. So many that even I'm considering !! For example, paddy planting, cultural dances, traditional cookingm sago pancake, fried sago grub, plant a tree (!!!), bamboo dance and souvenirs...... I can finally recommend Koposizon Homestay to everyone now! Especially it being just an hour away from KK :)

More information, check out: http://www.sabahhomestay.my/homestay-in-sabah/papar/koposizon-homestay/

^Mummmyyyy

Staying true to our words, we came back after that, to the party as we would and enjoyed the remaining an hour or so listening to people screaming, belting it out, and eventually ended the night ourselves with a song of our own. The bunch of us started screaming at Jon Bon Jovi's always at 10pm it was so funny.. I'm sorry people in Papar, must have woken one or two of you up.

Congratulations again Stephie, all the love and blessings of a beautiful marriage to you and your husband. Be kind to one another, and always remember why you decide to do this in the first place :)

I'll always be there!

Love,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.