Skip to main content

Work/ Play in Kuta

Right after Siem Reap, I flew into Bali for work.

I was very excited to go back to Bali now that this time to Kuta.

My previous visit to Bali was a very leisure trip, one I spend on my own resting, reading and taking time to see the cultured things that make up Bali. I stayed in Ubud, didn’t move an inch while I was in Ubud, and didn’t even bother to explore any other place except... for Tanah Lot.

Now that I’m back!! And in the infamous Kuta!!

I stayed in the newest Starwood property in Indonesia; Four Points by Sheraton Bali Kuta. I’ve worked with them previously and was just so excited to meet the awesome people behind this beautiful property.

Look at how beautiful this hotel is. 



The swimming pool stretches from the entrance right up till the end (it’s right smack in the middle of the rooms) and if you take a look from the top it’s almost like a postcard… and I’m not done yet, they also have a friggin roof top pool !! Surrounded by trees, and attached to a pool bar……. I mean, seriously, who needs to go out anymore? 


These beautiful tree barks that make up tables were some of my favourite furniture in the hotel. I forgot how beautiful the deco in Bali is … it’s so effortless, like they don’t even have to try. Seriously, they don’t.


Must. Resist. Taking. Food. Pictures. In the. Hotel. 


Okay, can't. Too pretty. Love bacon, bacon loves me. 

Located minutes away from the famous Kuta Beach, there was one that almost gave me a heart attack when we were transferred in from the airport to the hotel… like how skilful the drivers there were! The hotel was located right in the centre of it all, you see cars, scooters, surfboards, passerbys all going different directions in such an intimate space.

THEM WAVES!


Working by day, and probably the only time to look around Kuta by night – I was happy to join the rest of my friends exploring famous spots and restaurants around Kuta (because really, I would have no time to search around).

We tried a beautiful retail/ art cafĂ© called Livingstone in Seminyak 



We tried the Wild Hogs which was previously called the Naughty Nuri’s (LOVED IT) 



We also tried the fancy Potato Head, great for lounging and seeing sunsets



I stayed indoors and called it a night early in most nights because work, and wanted to keep myself hydrated and make sure my biological time is in place after traveling in and out of planes.

This was such a good trip of friends, work, and food - glad I took it easy, wouldn't want it any other way :)

xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.