Skip to main content

Highlights of Year 2014 in Pictures

Try listening to this while scrolling down! :)





Went to Bali - My Ubud  Paddy Views Vacation! I LOVE BALI





Roamed through the streets of Penang, Graffiti Art with mum 



Borneo International Marathon 10KM with the boys (of course I was last) 





10 Days, 9 Nights Euro Trip, PARIS!!!! EIFFEL TOWER! 



Actually eating French Food in France. Awesome 



Joined the church service in Notre (freaking) Dame



Walking around the picturesque Amsterdam canal!!



See WINDMILLS!! (like movies!!)



[18SX] The (in)famous red light district Experience in Amsterdam and the Sex Museum, Loved the experience, wouldn't be able to experience these exhibitions in Malaysia 



To just be in ISTANBUL, to embrace the sights, tastes and sounds of this incredibly beautiful city



Visited the Tulips Festival in Emirgan Park Istanbul which was mum's bucket list but it was so beautiful it became mine either (the stretch was as far as the eyes can see!!)



Watched Belly Dance by actual Middle Easterners, putting girls with tummy into the league!



The Bosphorus Cruise where East Meets West (The Black Sea and Sea of Marmara)



Harvest Festival with the Boys, Tent Hopping 

First time fishing!! (and actually my last ever since then, because I've been busy doing everything else) 




Scored a 5D/4N Island trip with the Ladies, SUPER GOOD



First time doing homestay at someone else's place 



My favourite epic 3 hours train ride (so far) Colombo - Kandy trip




Bathing the Elephants !! 



Genevieve's TURN




Lydia got hitched! - A Taylor's College Reunion


Photo by Carmen Chiam

Working in the beautiful Sandakan (or eating more like) and family followed suit




Another one is ENGAGED!




Nephews, nieces, my little heartbeats' birthdays! 


Photo by Aunty Rozanah

BEVERLY is hitched!!  



I have been very blessed with love and adventures this year, so I will continue living. I will not stop fostering relationships and materialising dreams out of comfort and fear, and I will keep motivating myself and the people around me. I don't do mass charities, but I try to do my little parts. 

A year wiser, got a bike and a blessed 2014. Happy new year everyone! 

Please comment below to remind me if I've missed some big moments!! 



Love,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.