Skip to main content

Sutera Sanctuary Lodge at Kinabalu National Park

I'm happy to see that the charm of the little town Kundasang has resonated with SO many over the years. With the majestic Mt Kinabalu as its setting, Kundasang enjoys it vigorous economy among the locals and tourists. I always suggest Kundasang to everyone because it's a cross between the highlands and the nature, and Mt Kinabalu Park is Malaysia's first UNESCO Heritage Site. With so much richness, history and charm, it's almost impossible for a small town like Kundasang not to find its way to the hearts of repeat tourists and locals alike.

My favourite thing about the journey up to Kundasang?




These local vendors along the way that sell delicious local fruits or foods and this breathtaking view of the valleys and the hills! Whenever we locals visit Kundasang, we always buy their fresh produce like fresh vegetables, chillies, flowers.

Mmm.

I had to visit Kundasang/ national park over one weekend in September for work and were lucky to have been given the opportunity to stay in one of the more luxurious resort in Kundasang - under the Sutera Sanctuary Lodge. These quaint resorts / villas were built so beautifully and each has its own uniqueness.

The view has a full frontal view of the Mt Kinabalu and it's peak, and is done up with its own heater, separate seating area, coffee tea facilities, heater, and just the most comfortable bedding.

They even have a fire place! Charlene and I got so excited over the fire place that we eventually asked the guys to light it up while we were chilling at Bevern's place. It was so magical, like Christmas we could only imagine!

Because it was only between Charlene and I we each took one room. I had the queen bed all to myself while she decided on one of the bunk bed. AH. I already imagined having kids around the house enjoying themselves. The rooms were delightful, they had bath robes, their coffee tea facilities, bathrooms were heated, they had the complete toiletries, a dining table facing Mt Kinabalu - OMAGAD everything was spectacular!

I was informed this beautiful place cost about MYR 600 - MYR 800 per night, but if you could share this with a few more, I'm pretty sure you could save so much more!




It was so misty during our stay, so completely different from being in mainland KK!


Love,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.