Skip to main content

Oktoberfest Malaysia in Kota Kinabalu

Hey KK Folks,

Oktoberfest finally reached our KK shores! (I think it has been since forever though).

Oktoberfest initially started as a wedding celebration in 1810 to commemorate the union between Crown Prince Ludwig (who later became King Ludwig I) and Princess Therese of Saxe-Hildburghausen at Theresienwiese (translated as Therese's meadow / field) – it is for this reason that Oktoberfest is referred to by Germans as ‘die Wiesn’ or ‘the field'. I remember seeing the reenactment of the wedding ceremony somewhere on some paper, it was quite cute! 

You guys can now celebrate the infamous Oktoberfest with a series of themed parties in Kota Kinabalu ALL MONTH long. Expect evenings of great food from around the world, contests, promotions and activities with, GAB’s selection of their beers including Tiger, Guinness, Heineken and the official Paulaner Oktoberfest Bier, brewed exclusively for this season.


Last year's celebration :D


A special edition Oktoberfest Mug with a limited edition metal lid is available as well :) I won this the first time I attended 2009's Oktoberfest in KL! *lookatmadrunkarfaceomagad


Some friends had asked me about the Oktoberfest, I've got the info - check out the list of places that will be having Oktoberfest, I reckon you can also bar hop :) 

25 October 2013

Lintas Square

· Hello Bar (Club M Pub & Lounge)
· Ballroom Bar
· Crystal Lounge
· Le Face Spaccio Di El Bar & Lounge
· 9 Night Wine Bar
· Hitz Voice

Warisan Square · Oyster Bar
· Hot Rod

KK Waterfront · Bar Tzar
· Novus Karaoke
· Shamrock Irish Bar
· Cock & Bull Bistro
· Step'In Restaurant & Bar
 

26 October 2013 KK Times Square · Sullys Bar
· Vino Vino Yakitori
· Plutonic
· The Retro Club Bar & Grill
· Mr Ho’s Fine Foods
· FF Sport CafĂ©
· Jarrods & Rawlins

I hope I get to see you guys around :D

Love,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.