Skip to main content

Parangritis Beach

I never really mentioned about the Parangritis Beach I visited when I was in Jogja, so I thought this would be a perfect time to bring it up. When I was there, I was constantly surprised over and over at the number of excursions and the quality of excursions one can do in Jogja. I really think Jogja is underrated.

I asked around whether there's any beach nearby that I could dive myself into, unfortunately, not quite. Some are either hours away, while another one a local favourite is the Parangritis Beach. It is a little special in a way, the sands are black and warm, it has a little story behind it, believed that the beach is the gate to Ratu Kidul's magical kingdom who has been controlling the southern sea.

When I told some of the guys in my hostel that I'm going to Parangritis Beach, alone, they had the strangest of expression in their face, some convinced me to bike there with one of the rider, some told me not to go because it's too far, bla bla I was quite determined.

One bus ride after another, one junction after another, I finally managed to hop into the bus that was heading to the beach. And the view along the way my friend, is DIVINE. So much greens, I was constantly praising God of the experience that I'm having.



A bunch of these boys were to shy to sit next to me, so they ended up standing arond the whole time. Haha. And when I tried to be friendly with them, I think they got even more scared or something.


After almost 1.5 hours riding the bus with a splendid view, I finalllly reached Parangritis! Ngaa, okay Parangritis isn't all that, definitely not the cleanest beach around but I still find it somewhat fascinating. I couldn't walk from one to another because the beach was massive, so I just stroll around where I could and at one point decided to seat under one of the shade.


Black sand beach.



Along Parangritis, there are tons of eateries and shops nearby. You wouldn't believe the amount of things available, nga.


***

Jogja Day 2
Jogja Day 3
Jogja Day 1
Parangritis Beach

Love,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.