Skip to main content

Incubus live in Kuala Lumpur 2011

My life flashed by my eyes last two Saturday night. I thought I was going to die.


No seriously.

...that’s how insane the mosh was for Incubus. It was awesome. 

Grew up picking up on big brother’s taste in music, and one of them was Incubus, because he was playing their music everyday from morning till evening. Hated it at first, but it slowly grew on me. Next thing you know, I Kazaa’d them everyday after school. And that was about 10 years ago.  Then they came to KL for the first time ever in 2004, and in Sunburst 2008, and word of mouth said it was all kinds of glory. Their music has always been one that would fit all kinds of emotions, love, sad, lonely, spiritual.

So I HAD to witness them live. I mean, I had their lyrics through my teeth as I was growing up. I am a huge fan. I love their songs, all not attributed to which albums because they were downloaded so I never knew which albums the songs were from until just recently when I decided to catch them live :( I bought the tickets to the concert thinking I’d go alone at first, ‘cause none of my friends bought it, and my colleagues somehow (always) get free passes for everything.

Details:

RM 203
RM 183 (TuneTalk Subscribers)
Stadium Negara, KL
8.00PM onwards
Opening Act : Rosevelt 


Rosevelt - Opening Act for Incubus 
And then Incubus! 
Incubus - Mike terpotong :(
This was their KL's setlist, the exact one from their previous set in California that just so happened I was religiously listening to prior to the concert ;

1. Megalomaniac 
2. Wish you were here 
3. Pardon me 
4. Have you ever 
5. Consequence 
6. Anna Molly 
7. Promises, promises 
8. Circles 
9. Glass 
10. In the company of wolves
11. Thieves 
12. Drive 
13. Pistola 
14. Talk shows on mute 
15. Adolescents 

encore 

16. The Warmth 
17. Nice to know you 

Me and Audz 
My favourite performance was actually Megalomaniac cause #1, I love that song and #2 they killed it when the first opened it. And of course the epic that is In the Company of Wolves, I feel like I'm dancing in the jungle when I'm listening to it, fuck I feel like Pocahontas!! Especially the part when Boyd starts chanting "...it was, it was". Okay other than that, Drive is an all time favourite the whole crowd was singing to it.

Thank you God, for letting me experience such a good live music.


Love & Peace,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Galvestini said…
Dang!!! Can't believe I've miss the concert.
Yuenny said…
you crazy hippy

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.