Skip to main content

Brunch, beach and cocktails.

I don’t know when I will fall out of love from this exhilarating sensation of racing against time, packing up, sleepless nights and of torn green backpack. The whole idea of travelling is sometimes deemed as a total disconnection from well, “the rest”.

Am I happy working hard, earning, and then spending on moving around? Yes. Leaves me breathless whenever I’m back in the office, grasping for some reality check. That sensation, right at that moment when I’m setting up my workstation after an intense holiday – right that moment, is an unidentified dot that connects me back to that life. I feel like a bullet train, stopped with signs, but of course wrecked regardless eventually after a bit of travelling. And truth is, I see the cracks, I feel it, and loved the experience that it gave me.

Like how love and other drugs give you the greatest strangest sensation, traveling is an utmost exciting drug that I can’t seem to find a placebo of. Not through reading, not through watching. It has to caress your skin, it has to brush of your cheeks, it has to go in between your fingers, it has to be real.

When I was on my way to Singapore for Laneway Festival (I was late by the way, reached the check in counter 10.25pm, when plane was supposed to depart at 10.35 pm, by grace I had no idea how I manage to convince them to let me in) and when I went into the plane that mean woman had to give me the very corner of the last seat while the rest were still unoccupied – I picked the magazine and it had the perfect title I’ve been wanting to find out what is it about travelling that gets me the most.

It was brunch, beach and cocktails.

Urbanites underestimated the power of brunch, when we have been the evangelists of it all of our life especially during the weekends. And then there’s the beach. Something about being able to wake up and see an indefinite stretch of blue gives you an amazing comfort and that splashing songs of waves. And with a little intoxication, sand turns into a dancefloor. The 3 possibly simplest words that stroke a chord.

Everyone needs some brunch, beach and cocktails.

Laneway Festival post coming right up.

Love & peace,

Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.