Skip to main content

Someone like you

Listening to: Kings of Leon Closer

I rarely write about music. Find it rather an Indie-ish act.

Occasionally I will let you know what song I am currently listening to only to add more effect to what I’m feeling at that time. But this post will be about my new love, the new earcandy (check my Facebook status) that I’ve been looping every day. Last this happened was Lifehouse & The Shins.

I’m good with bands. I think bands comprises of sexy pieces that merge together for a reason. Scripted beautifully, and most of the time relatable to me; that’s when I categorise that band is artworthy and worth listening, worth mentioning. Or has this weird calling to me.

I <3 Kings of Leon.



It feels like their songs give me this creep on my thoughts a little too deep. Been giving me these words of advises – without actually hitting all the right buttons, but scarily sensible . It’s strangely satiable to any state of mind. Music’s crazy good and with all the right notes and chords combined in one album – I summed up that this band is the shit.

Frankly, I did not know they’ve been around since almost 10 years ago, like every other commercialized bands these days it only takes a few appearances on MTV for you to become a hit. Heck, they won Grammy’s Record of the Year last year. Truth is the Followills have been touring since forever, but who really knew? Only when I went to Adelaide to check out the pubs was I exposed to these awesome bands – played by locals.

Caleb’s vocal is sexy. This kind of roughed rugged vocal is either a yay or nay. Not a favourite of in betweens and often overlooked, rather heard. Remains the same throughout interviews – man of Caleb’s edginess is something I have consistencely loved. Think Jason Wade. Think that Italian dish Alejandro.

Okay I talk about Caleb too much.

Nathan rocked the drums on every number (what’s a band without a long haired drummer, seriously), while Cameron’s heat on guitar is sick and Michael completes the set. Remember Sex on Fire?

Only by the Night is 2 thumbs up, if not more. Special mention on Closer.

Let me finish the other 3 albums while you're reading :)

Love & peace,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.