Skip to main content

The coffee is never strong enough

Dear Stranger X,

As time passes by, you'll realise that life's actually a bitch and that things that you were so optimist about last time often slaps you doses of analytical problems; like why can't you have both, a wicked lifestyle and a domesticated girlfriend. A sane family that is suppose to support in most of your logical undertakings but your undertakings would be leaving hometown and pursue something bigger, better. Or, a foreign boyfriend who wants to run with you and bask the awesomeness of the sun and a working lifestyle, that feeds your dinner and lunch. Clash.

My sister once told me, something simple yet so powerful. I remember it 'till now cause often not I forgot that life is entirely about it - choices.

When you're put into a position where you can't have it all, what's left for you have to do is to make a choice. Sacrificing or beneficial is entirely up to how we look at it. I'm in a shitty position myself, to help you would be the least I could do. I have given so many advices to people, which I believe might have lingered somewhere in their minds or heads (or least I hope so), unfortunately I myself sometimes can't even walk, my own walk. Sigh.

You stumbled upon people that are so amazing, you wonder what really happened and how you met each other. Then new people come to your life. The old ones phases out like an old book - familiar with grand events unfolded but simple details are forgotten along the way, and you questioned what happened - what made you traded your old life to a new one.

Time? Money? Proximity?

I want to help you overcome shitty days, like how Jack helped Rose realised there's more to life than luxury spoons and psycho-rich boyfriends. Needs so much more than being there, needs a lot of care, heart and persistence - or icy cold statements - I jump you jump. There's so much more than just being there.

You are a happy person. Yes, the world knows it. But give yourself a break sometimes and understand that not every conflict and complications are comedic no matter how funny we look at it, at times - conflicts are often best accepted as reflective.

Point is, I'm there. I'm here. I'm everywhere you want me to be. So long as you want me to be there, and help you and the rest of the world find the meaning of life and you will be able to pull it. I am struggling myself - but more hands are better than one.

"There, there, baby,
It's just text book stuff,
It's in the ABC of growing up,
Now, now darlin',
Oh don't lose your head,
Cause none of us were angels..." - Heap, Speeding Cars

Love & peace,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.