Skip to main content

Adam Lambert in Singapore 2010!

So many things going on in my life, I've lost track of time. I have a bit of breather now, but for some strange reason time speeds up to you like mad.

Last week I had the privilege to catch Adam Lambert's For Your Entertainment Showcase in Singapore. My trip was an all-sponsored trip by Maxis Hotlink! Thank you Maxis Hotlink!

I got the first CD for free while the second was bought for Candice by Brian. Massive fan of Lambert, she gets angry when people started poking fun of his makeup ability. Damn cool okay!



The concert was a showcase, something like a teaser premier of his album For Your Entertainment. He performed 6 songs, 5 from his latest album and another one which was an idol favourite, Donny Darko's Mad World. It was an uptempo cover - unique, but he still did justice to the song.



Autograph session with his fans :) The crowd was pretty massive all with their funky hairdo and wardrobe. The line was from the crowd area at Bugis Junction right up to its end. Check out them happy fans :)



The next day of the showcase, the bloggers and the media team interviewed Adam Lambert! The whole bunch of us were quite nervous because this guy's pretty huge (also literally), cause it's just Adam-freaking-Lambert damnit. He's that eccentric Gaga and Madonna, no matter how much we're not allowed to compare to.

Omg, I have to tell you this.

When I was walking towards him, I sat down and he thought I wanted to hug him. So he asked me,

Wanna hug?

*blur* I said, NO.

And then sense hit me like a big fat rock on my face.

No I meant yes! But I wanted you to sign first! and then I hug you....

*cricketsounds*

I hugged him a couple of times eventually. I know right, so weird?


These big media guns are so down to earth, it was a pleasure to have met them and knew them. They were such sweethearts telling us awesome things about their job, and the awesomer people that they get to meet.

Here's Mei Ann - Hot Magazine's editor. Bubbly!


Gordon Kho - Galaxie editor and Ann Marie Star Entertainment writer. Both very experienced in this field, gives us newbies in awe of learning all things media. Ann Marie and Gordon shared us all their big celebs interviews they've done before. So interesting!


Mmmm, Mos Burger! Was contemplating of whether to eat it then, thankfully I did! It was so friggin' awesome. About 3.50SG bucks? Cheap for their dollar money!


...and before that I had this :) My favourite roti bakar and tea. It's the best breakfast. Sweet and simple, so Malaysian!


That night itself there were a bunch of hardcore Lambert fans - look at them all dressed up! Noted that it took us about 15 minutes to get ready and this was what they could come up with. Awesome right? Kudos!


Lambert's bandmates :) Apparently, according to Rachel they were quite hamsap to her. Haha!


Awesome concert partners, was a pleasure to have met you Kevin! You're a such a sweetheart! I come Singapore I come find you okay, can or not :)

Universal Studios wasn't officially open then... so we were among the lucky people who gets to experience pre-launch! Yeay!



Am so glad I gave my mum the "Aunty-killer" Adam Lambert's CD. She loved it. Anything for mummy :)


Love & peace,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.