Skip to main content

Ready for a long one?

Listening to Simon & Garfunkle - The Sound of Silence

It feels like my blog has gotten less personal by the day isn't it? I don't know, but it sure feels that way. Less words too, no? Well, I'm back blogging. It's been a while since I've sat down and put my thoughts into words besides just updating you recent events.

I've noticed that. Right before I left, I have too many internal conflicts didn't I. I was too scared of leaving home, too comfortable, too many friendships, everything is else is my safety blanket.

Now that the hardest part is over, the fun (and positive encouragement) begins. Since this will be the last semester ever for me as a student, as a university student also that is, I need to appreciate leisure time more often. I need to appreciate lepaks more often, I need to appreciate Internet more often, and seriously I need to sleep more often. I mean, sleep earlier.

Anyway, since I came here (and my apartment has no television or radio), downloaded movies and tv shows (also from friends) entertains me, Carmen and Cindy most of the time. I've been watching Gossip Girl Season 1, and Scrubs Season 5-7. I admit, I was intrigued by the first few episodes of Gossip Girl but lost interest halfway through Season 1, I don't know why. Maybe I'm too old for this show. The only reason I kept going was Chace Crawford and his unique features.

But Scrubs, Oh Scrubs, I can sit infront of the computer (sometimes on the bed with Twisties or other random junkfood) for hours, and hours! It's the meanest show ever! I can still laugh at the same jokes over and over again, seriously. Plus, Carla and Turk reminds me of us. Ngehehehe, except me being garang. I'm a softie. I know you're laughing baby boy!

Okay, back to livin' it up here. Last week, my friends and I decided to follow UniSA's pub crawl crowd, and for those who doesn't know, pub crawl is basically pub-hopping. You start your night with the first pub (with these bunch of UniSA students, sometimes random people as well), and then move to another, and another, and another. It's called Pub "Crawl" because supposedly by the end of the night you'd probably be crawling after X amount of drinks. But pub crawl usually comes with other messages of course not just drinking you drunkards, which are to mix, make friends and network!

We've met and made friends with a few people, and also had tequila shot (pictures below by designated awesome photographer Yuen) and more beers throughout the night. I think it has been quite a while since I had that much of fun in pubs, mind you, because usually I just dance. In clubs. So it was a good change! Live bands, (Two Stroke Johnny in The Elephant) always a plus point, contemporary music, surely made me want to come there next time :)

Some picture from Yuen's camera;

Sherry, Audrey, Yuen, Cindy and Carmen

This is my Lemon face, right after the Tequila shot!

That's me getting my shot, and that's father alcohol, Thomas :)

Cheap cheap beer

I went to the city today with Audrey. Had good Subway, it's pretty big here. Among the healthiest too. Besides Subway, Hungry Jacks is like their Burger King only better, and just like those kids that hang-out nearby Maybank in Sungei Wang or those in Centrepoint, apparently Hungry Jacks is the it place.

Don't ask me, I never get this trend.

Carmen, Cindy and I seems to crash Yuen's and Audrey's place a lot! I feel bad sometimes for finishing their food, it's really difficult not to snack when you're playing games. Really! And at random times, we bake cake :)

Anyway, remember the positive encouragement? I gotta have it, in fact I'm getting it! Woot!

Well lookie lookie, I'm on the roll now. Torture you no more! BYE!

Hugs & Kisses,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.