Skip to main content

Critic's Choice Award 2009

I don't know about you guys, but I prefer Critic's Choice Awards over everything else - anyday. I prefer the former because I believe the critics have always eloquently written down their reasons, expressions of movies to the readers. I find reading movie reviews, critics and commentaries easy to relate to and most importantly, makes things easier to expect. Minus the exception that some reviewers can be totally biased of their favourite writers or even directors. Boo them.

Just this year I developed a big crush on watching/reading Critic's Choice Awards (partly because I have absolutely nothing to do at home), so I Youtubed, and Googled this Award to find out whose who - won the Awards. The power couple failed to win anything this year, despite their very commercialized chances of winning both the nominations in Changeling & Benjamin Button.

Digital Mall very the awesome wan oh because the movies I'm looking for were there! Uncensored! with Scenes Selection (well, of course)! Except certain movies, that only people who is mightily obsessed with foreign or artsy movies have strange ideas where to get 'em - of course. Since I only have Google to teach me a thing or two, I too want to know why and what the other end of the world are worshipping.

Critic's Choice introduced me to a few movies which I am dying to watch and learn from, so I shall introduce them to you as well;
1. Slumdog Millionaire (Best Picture, Actor, Composer, Writer, & Director)
2. Milk (Best Actor- Sean Penn)
3. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (none)
4. Doubt (Best Actress - Meryl Streep)
5. The Revolutionary Road (none)
6. Rachel Getting Married (Best Actress -Anne Hathaway tie)

I have two in my hand right now, and I so can't wait to watch 'em :) and until the Malaysian Cinemas stop censoring so many stuffs even the word shit, I don't feel guilty saying 'support DVDs!'.

Kudos.

Love,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.