Skip to main content

Bye, bye 2008!

This is the mother of all posts; for this year. I’m talking about the post of the year peeeeoooople!

Okay, I think I exaggerated too much; this is where I recap all things that happened this year, the good, the bad, and either the best or the worst! I will remind you of the things I did this year (you can have your ‘was it this year’ moment) and reveal my deepest most time-wasting post EVER!

The year of:

BIRTHDAY SURPRISES!

My college buddies were extremely busy this year working our butts off organizing events particularly birthday surprises for each and everyone of the gang member! Can I get a Holla my friends? We love each other so much that some of us even waited for hours, slept on the cold tiles floor, confuse themselves with billions of mixed messages, travel to the world ends, broke their curfews (jeng jeng jeng) and even broke their no-sugar diet to eat at least 2 cakes in one birthday for that 5 seconds of ‘Surprise’! It’s true! This year was the ultimate year of surprises.

The Surprise Gang

KL friends meet Sabah
- I’m very happy and proud that my never ever stepped on east Malaysian planet besties went to KK last May, this included my sweetheart! Pulau Manukan was a bummer because there were so many sea-mites biting us all over, but other than that everything else went awesome! They had their once in a lifetime boatride, danced on stage with the Murutians, and even managed to go up the Canopy walk!


Baby!
- Been with him for more than a year now, and we started of late last year. So if this year isn’t about the man who accompanied me almost everyday on my lonely days and shared the cheapest funniest dates and trips ever, I don’t even know what this year could have been without my source of love!

Look at him! :)


Two Graduations?!
That was the two exact words my mum screamed at me when my brother and I announced to her, that both our graduation will be conducted on the same year; August and October. Because she’s far far away from us – she had to traveled ($$$) for these two occasions, which includes graduation robes rental, presents and flowers, and dinners! She was contemplating on going to mine because it’s only a Diploma, but she did and I was really thankful for that!


Public Transportation
- I was a noob when it comes to traveling with public transportation around KL, but sweetheart turned me to a traveling genius (quite goodlah) this year! I’ve traveled far and beyond, and most awesome both sweets and I tried almost every way and every method to get to our destinations. It was so much fun, and … quite painful. I wore heels most of the time. *closes eyes*

Publication
After only a while warming up in this industry, I finally managed to get numerous of Bylines (the name on articles) this year! It’s pretty exciting for someone who just started (let me be!) writing this year, and finally had my names even face printed and published. Wee!



Align Left
What movie next?
- Probably the year where I watched movies wayyyy too much! From free movies, to second time watching it movies, goodness probably I spend most of my money on movies or traveling to catch movies!


Hello, 2009!

Love,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.