Skip to main content

Passions' Photoshoot

Last week Calyn called me up for a photoshoot, and I contemplated on saying yes at first because I don't approve of sexy or obscene shootings/ photos of myself. But when Calyn told me I get to dress-up myself, I excitedly said yes! I'm definitely much more comfortable with my own clothings.

Anyway, when her colleague called me up to confirm with me the details and what not, I asked her whether I can bring Daren with me to the photoshoot, and guess what, she asked him to take part as well! Hahaha. He was dragged into it, without being able to say no! :)

Me: baby, I have something to tell you.
Baby: what ar.
Me: Tomorrow you're taking part on the photoshoot as well.
Baby: ..... (10 seconds of silence)
Me: Baby?
Baby: Oh my God. I AM DAMN SHY.

All I can share with you guys about the spread are; it'll be on December Issue of PASSIONS, it's about clubbing and partying, it's about youth-ism, and of some new year's resolutions. The photoshoot went tiringly well. It took about at least two to three hours to get our hair and makeup done. Both Daren and I didn't have our lunch, so we were having terrible headaches after hours of waiting for the group shot, when everyone was done.

The shot was taken at Space Club in Heritage Row. It's quite funky actually, and the entrance is... well, not that obvious. I'm not sure whether thats a good thing, but Daren and I were searching for the entrance door which was apparently, underneath Cynna, and in between the Loft and the mamak Bukharry's. It was this two tiny glass doors. Rather unique actually.

I was the first to shoot. Here are some of the pics, though I didn't manage to take pictures of myself when I was snapped away. I'm really tired, the whole thing ended around 6.30pm, and I was there since 2pm. Tired. Tired.


The Space Club
Before Make-Up & Hair Do
After Make-up & Hair-Do (even his!)

Calyn (the Ihopemybossdoesn'tseethis look)
Fuyoooooooo.

See, see.

Very, very over the top makeup!

Handsome, beb! (he's so going to kill me)

I purposely took this shot, to show the gorgeous art!

"Which one should I get for this morning..."

The pretty, shiny pillows! :)

After everything was done, we left the place with seriously not freaking kidding you heavy makeup walking around the streets of KL. After 5 minutes of passing heavy lookers, I couldn't take it, I took off my fake eyelashes and start scrubbing my makeup off - and failed. It was too thick! We went and have dinner after that, and well.. let's just say I was probably the most coloured one in SS2 last night.

Last but not least, I'm so proud of my baby! He'll be published! :)

I'm sorry the group shot is fugly, this the best Calyn can get and I tried photoshopping it! :(

Group Shot (L-R) Dee, Jesslyn, Daren, me, Natasha, Akmir (?) & Nana.

Love,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.