Skip to main content

October Fest, seriously.

Okay, my birthday was splendid. Sweets and my friends surprised me and Calyn with their presence after much lying of they're not being able to make it for my bday because its Hari Raya.

Thank you everyone for coming. Thank you baby, Audrey, Calyn, Sweei, Karen, Brian, Hamilton, Ron, Eric, Rachel, Amanda, Vivien, Carmen, Jenhan, Wilson, Melissa, Kerry and Syafiq for making Calyn and my day, pretty! To all my friends who can't make it but I just know and feel their love, thank you! I was so sure that there were 19 people that day, but I couldn't get the last person. Until, I forgot it was me. Super slowmo.

To Nolen, Anucia, Aunty & Uncle, Tai Yee (though I highly doubt you guys read this) you guys made me feel so loved and appreciated it's awesome! I'm grateful for the 'fake' present you guys wrapped for me, eventually the real one, but most importantly the companion. You know what, Nolen, I actually wonder how things would be like when you'll grow older and probably you wouldn't wanna hang out with anymore :( because I won't be 'cool' anymore... *sigh*.

Everyone else who wished me and probably even thought of wanting to wish me (okaylah, give you some slack people who I'm not really close with) thank you so so much, for remembering or even having the guts to wish me birthday. Thank you, I really appreciate it.

I've been spending most of my holidays, erm, well, holidaying. Although about millions of deadlines are haunting me I can still say, my holidays were really well spent! Like really! Like me and sweets would say, we didn’t work hard, play hard, we played hard, harder and hardest!

Sweets on the other hand has been really sweet these past few days. Especially during my birthday. He showered me with so much love and literally gave me almost everything I've ever wanted for my birthday. He even cut his hair for me in assumption I prefer him that way because he'll look presentable and cleaner that way. You'd be surprised to what extend I will prove my point when I mean, looks or whatever you have really don't matter to me sweetheart :) worry not, you look gorgeous!

You always have been!

I don't mean to be sad and all, but I don't know whether this will be the last birthday I'll get to really spend with you guys. I just hope things will still be good when we're far away!



Calyn and My cake! :)

Calyn, the other birthday girl, love you!

Kerry! :)

Most of them were first time Shisha-ers. And they look really, really cute!

Rainforest!

Vivien, Carmen and Jenhan, ooo with cupcakes!

Thanks Wilson and Melissa for coming! :)

Chan Sook Yan!!!!

Karen (youshouldreallygetafacebook) and Sway!

Nolen and his wrapped present (it's of two wrapping papers!)

Group Picture :)

Calyn's 20th Birthday! :)

The sweetest feminist, like ever! Well to the women of course :P

my best friend, my crime-partner, my lover, I love you! :)

and I'm in my twenties already!

Love,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.