Skip to main content

Avril Lavigne in Malaysia 2008

After much debate over ridiculous reasons for Avril's concert, the rock-chic finally met her Malaysian fans last night! And to those who thought she'd be in her bright-pink skirt singing her cheerleading songs, pity ya'll because most of the songs she performed were from her first and second album! It was awesome, the crowd was singing to all of her songs, and honestly, I felt damn good that I brought sweetheart to her concert because he promised himself that he'd go to her concert at least once in his life! Wee, I'm glad I took him!

I wasn't particularly that enthusiast either when I heard she's coming because I quit on her new-image, but since my cousin insisted, I joined in and had alot of fun! She had alot of energy, unfortunately, she self-censored some of her lyris, words such as 'hell' and 'shit'. Best part was, the crowd was louder with those words! I mean, that made Avril, Avril right?

The tiny Canadian, who brought people like Britney Spears, Hillary Duff and Christina Aguilera sappy love music to shame, was a big influence, as I remember people my age back when I was still in high-school wore dark makeup and Converse shoes with short pants, and even wore Complicated's trademark displaced tie!

The concert started with an opening act (literally) with this guy who started singing and dancing to Maroon 5's 'This Love', and until now, honestly, we couldn't figure out who that guy was.. Herm. So believe it or not! Avril's concert was quite on-time, as the four bright stadium lights were shut off leaving people intensely excited for Avril's appearance at about 9PM! And finally, Avril appeared on stage with a bunch of rocky-looking dancers, dancing to her first song 'Girlfriend'! I wasn't sure the lyrics to this song, I was basically just contributing to the 'Hey-hey' screams. *grins*

Things started heating up when she sang 'Complicated' - THE song that give birth to Avril Lavigne. And from there, everything went as I expected and more, and the night was surprisingly not warm either! :)

At one point she played the drums herself, singing to this one song which I assume it's from her new album. Oh oh oh, if you guys thought most La-las would be there making pink patches on the crowd, believe it or not, the crowd was mostly of families! Dead serious! Those with parents and small girls especially, I'm thinking because her fans now are mostly of teenagers. Overall, it was seriously awesome and fun. I loved it, and I'm glad I decided to go to this controversial-once-in-a-lifetime Avril concert. I'm thinking after all the drama she and the organizers had to go through, Westerners won't probably come here to perform anymore... so ridiculous and unfair!


The building crowd

Avril on guitar - I forgot what song this was

Check out the stage backdrop! Pink-skull?

Angry guy, Daren was too tall and covered all three people behind him *grins*

Propaganda, everywhere - flag on water-tank.

Merchandises redemption counter

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet, with some horny people.

After concert, sheesh, I look so not-cool with my glasses :(


Love,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.