Skip to main content

For fun

Israel Kamamawiwo'le- Somewhere over the Rainbow

I received another comment on my facial expression: "Why do you always frown?"

I hate this comment, which I received one too many, and have yet found the definite answer for this. Supposedly, me being the cheery that I am (seriously, i am!), I can't help it but being the big fat mature lady that I am (also) in life, that I intend to mother alot of things I come across with.

Why do I frown on things? Why?!

On another note, sweets- 70% disable on his right hand wrote me a sweet note, using his left hand thanking me for taking care of him, and especially, bathing him (wink). Surprisingly or not for all of you people there, I dont find the trouble in taking care of him, I find pleasure and comfort to see he's well taken care of. So when I receive this note, it gives me great amount of things to think, who's the sweeter one, is it me for being able to do everything prior to the creation of this letter, or him being able to make this card, eventhough it is very much difficult for him.

And then I got the answer; both of us complement each other. The things we both did/do for each other are beyond my expectations nor his. I'm seeing light for both of us, and eventhough the whole world thinks it's infatuation- we'll see where time brings us.

I now found the perfect sucked up reason being in the media, you get to go to all the awesome events, and the crappy ones as well. Really crappy ones that you feel like banging your head on the wall, you cant believe you'd be going for it. Okay back to updating you all about my life; Sunday I went and teman Daren's brother to his Hari Keluarga, which I have come to realize I am so much "older" now. Eventhough the kids nowadays are tall, or rather taller than me in this case- they seem way too young for my circle. I remembered being very active in these kind of things back when I was younger, with purpose and reasons that no teenage does not know- checking out the other gender & making friends. berh.

I went to the Hari Keluarga, feeling motherly like, and even decided to spend the day sitting on the chair, talking to sweets. Besides Hari Keluarga, I would like to encourage you guys to please take care and organize your certs and whatnot properly, because I lost my SPM Certificate. DAMN IT. Shamelessly asking my mum to ask the school again, I suggest everyone should take this as a lesson to be learn.

I found my old journal back when I just started college when I first move to KL. Here are the significant things that I wrote:


"The happiest time for me this week, would be able to use my Sabahan accent again. To be honest, the only time I'm being me is when I'm with my brother talking to him and be able to just let go".

"I was taking the bus back alone back to condo when I saw everyone was talking to at least one person. I took and released a deep breath, and told myself that I AM going to have conversations like that, I AM going to make awesome friends again, I will be able not to go to school alone again and most importantly, I AM going to enjoy my college life"

OMG. How sad was that?

Love,
Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.