Skip to main content

5 days to go!

It felt just yesterday that I was on my first day of my internship and now left 16 days till I’ll leave this place. The other end of this realization would be that college is starting soon as well. I’m not sure whether I’m thrilled for college as this will be the last semester of our diploma. Some of my friends will be leaving to other places and some may stopped from diploma and would start working immediately.

The point is, once a thing’s started (last semester), you’d definitely be a step closer to the end of having anymore classes together that you loved and hated those days of working together. Regardless, if it wasn’t because of my classmates, I would not have gotten the taste of what college really is and really loved it. And Daren would be the other reason of getting excited going to college of course with my hipocracy explained as I used to swore to myself to never "like" anyone from the same college. and then, he happened. Just like that, without warning.

Wednesday (Thursday 13th December 2007):

8.00 AM: Quiet and alone
Checking emails while browsing facebook. Checking yesterday’s work and start working on what needs to be done later.

10.10AM: Quiet, very cold with few colleagues around.
Checking emails while browsing facebook. Start calling customers for a research and start compiling feedback.

11.15AM: Still quiet, very very cold, and all colleagues are here now.
Checking emails while browsing facebook. Start calling custom…


kkkkkkrinnngggggggg!!!!!

Me: What the hell?! Should we go or something?!


10 seconds later, the coffee bar’s door opened.

“Sorry yah, testing saja tuh bell.”

Me: (jaw dropped) TESTING?!

It’s actually fine by me if the alarm bell was 50 meters away. Since it wasn’t and the fact that it’s actually right behind me, let’s just say; every bosses should do that once in a while. I was actually pretty awake after that.

If there’s anything I’d like to remember about internship it would definitely be the nice curry puffs and coffees I have for breakfast every morning. It’s a routine already and I so love it; it’s actually the other reason for me to go to work besides calling up wrong people and laughed by myself at all those wrong numbers that I called. I remembered there’s this one time where I was so not in the mood of talking to the guy on the other line;

Me: Good Afternoon, is this Edmund? *…and noticed a girl's voice*
Girl: Urm, no??
Me: *still noticing the girl's voice* So this is not Edmund lah?
Girl: ...er, no? I’m not an "Edmund".
Me: Oh, do you mind telling me where's Edmund?
Girl: I... DONT, KNOW!! Okay, I’ll give you another number for you to call okay???

Eventually the girl gave me her husband’s cell number. I felt like whacking myself but couldn’t because the whole thing was so funny I couldn't stop laughing. Anyway, how do I put this delicately; due to Malaysian’s “consistent and very predictable” weather and “stress” of doing “some” work, my skin’s unhappy- and yes I’m having skin complaint! And that’s a lot of inverted commas there I used. Remember the holidays that I’m dying to get approved by my (quote unquote Denise) “Slave- Master” on the 21st and 24th of December?

.................

Well, I really-really wanted the 6days leave, mummy and Jessica are coming down and I wouldn’t want to miss any minute spending time with them. Well, what happened was…

I GOT THE 6 DAYS LEAVE! *evil laugh*

Mummy finally saw Sweets through Friendster and since you’re getting this first-hand too baby, mummy thinks you look young. I don’t really know what she meant but I have a feeling she’s indirectly saying that I look older. So if I look older, he’ll definitely look younger right? But then again, if he looks younger does that mean I look older than him or just old or maybe, he just looks younger than me? You know what, I’m confusing myself.

Still figuring out on how to go to Singapore/ Penang /Melaka at this eleventh hour, I've suggested mummy with *tadaa* TRAIN! I knew she would hate it since she's been traumatized by her previous experience of having to sit in the train for 10 hours and only to reach Singapore looking like crap, was not an option for her. Oh well, any suggestions everyone? Just so you know, one of the best thing about going vacation is not being able to touch your laptop. OMG. I love that feeling, laptops should really be avoided at this festive season!

HAVE A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS TO EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!

Love,
Jacqkie.

Comments

The Soundaholic said…
oh my...

Jacqkie.. you are so psychic whenever it comes to me.

*shivers*

I will tell you about what when I have them time. I think I shall have to call you one of these days this is too freaky. *shivers some more*

And yayyy!!! You got your leave!!!

;) Awesome stuff. Well hope you have a good holiday, regards to your family and I missssssssssssssssssssssssssssss you loadsssssssss!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.