Skip to main content

of all the days

All my fears of things that's not supposed to happen during the finals, happened during the finals. Here goes;

Incident 1:
Monday, 7th May 2007. I woke up as usual, at 6.30 am getting excited that it's finally the finals. I finish getting ready at 7.00 (and yes with makeup). Straight away walked to the lrt station and waited for lrt. Lrt reached pretty early, i thought? Got in. reached Bangsar station, and the lrt was stucked. and got DELAYED for 20minutes!! For Goodness's sake, it was one stop away to KL Sentral! Missed the 7.32am komuter and had to take the 7.50am komuter instead.
Reached college: 8.20am. i nearly die.

Incident 2:
Tuesday. 8th May 2007. again as usual, by 7.00am i'm all done. Took the lrt and no delay this time. Yeay! Reached KL Sentral at 7.25am. I'm early, i thought. *announcement* Perhatian, tren ke Pelabuhan Klang ditunda selama 30minit........... WTHHHH?!!!?!?
Reached college: 8.30 am. DIE. exam had already started.

Incident 3:
*the night before; dear God, please dont delay any lrt or train anymore :) *
Today, 9th May 2007: i have a feeling there'll be no delays! *gurgghhhrr* no? this cant be happening. *thchchchhkk* *gugggrrrhhh* *shhiishshhhhs- shiihshshshh*
Okay if you dont understand what's those grrr and tschk means, i'll go straight to the point, it was suddenly raining so freaking heavily. raining cats and dogs wei!
Reached college: 7.58am. AWESOME! Now this is more LIKE ME!

I decided to just go through the heavy rain and I was freaking wet when i reached the lrt station. BUT, God answered my prayers. NO delays for lrt and NO delays for Komuter!! yehoooo!

To be honest with you guys, i was so freaking scared when the lrt on monday got delayed. But i wasnt as scared as i was in the komuter on Tuesday. suddenly everything was against me, i thought on the way to college when i was in the train. Everyone was already pissed off that the train was delayed for 30minutes. I, however didnt say a word and had the most fake-calm-face ever. I prayed so hard for any type of miracle to happen that morning. May it be the 'komuter suddenly can fly' or the 'exam was postponed' or even the 'invigilator came late-r than me'.

Of all the days, of all the days people! The komuter was always delayed when i took it everyday to college, but never more than 10minutes i noticed. Before finals, i visualized all the crazy disasters and happenings that might occur during the final exams itself; from floods, to lrt riots, to broken lrt railway, to komuter hijacks. anything of everything!


....All i ever wanted was, to go to classes!


I thank God though that i overcame all these fears with a wee bit of poise (though i was literally sweating thinking of other alternatives). Hm, there must be a reason it happened on finals right?


Just my Luck?

Love,
Jacqkie.

Comments

-bba- said…
Clubbing lagi before exams... baru kau tau! hahahaha...
Anonymous said…
i didn't mean to laugh so hard on what you just wrote, i seriously feel so SO sorry for you but jackqie!!!! damn funny la!!

but kesiannya...
cayang :D
The Soundaholic said…
alamak kesian nyyaa!!!

is like you know wat they say, sudah jatuh ditimpa tangga.

haha. Sh*t happens babe. chillax!

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.