Skip to main content

gymbo!

I have a confession to make, I have never ever been to a gym before.
*JENG JENG JENG!!!*


Until, last Saturdaylah. See how kampung i am? It's not a Sabahan thing okay, IT'S JUST ME. Do you wanna know what's my perception of the gym before? Super hot girls with short pants and sport bras walking around and hot males with gorgeous body showing off what their mama gave them. .....Well, in a way.

I was 50% correct. I did saw hot guys and hot girls around, but i saw OLD-er people around too. like in 50s or something? I looked at the way they dress and i looked at the way I dress, hmm i thought; i can blend in with them perfectly! and everyone would think i'm their colleague with the same mission!!! *widens eyes*

After meeting up with my cousin's trainer and some of the managers around, i find them well, very nice. well, tooo nice maybe. Definitely easy on the eyes, but my cousin said, definitely will not be easy on you. I kinda figure out that out too. gym membership would be FULL if the trainers are nice right? *sigh*

I first tried on the treadmill and reached all the goals. Burning certain calories and going on the bike too. I certainly like exercising more than diets, i thought. As i was talking to the manager, he was telling me how many minutes i should spend on the treadmill to burn up certain calories.

I did reached my goal, but i felt like smacking that pretty face of his and tell him to just leave me and my roti canai fats alone when he tried to explain how much fats go with these type of food. guilty to the core okay. But, he was right. If thats how much you want to lose, that's also how much you have to work for- to lose it. again, you are what you eat.

After almost an hour or so in the treadmills and bikes and etc(actually i dont know the machines names) section, i went to the weight lifting section. Not really weight liftinglar, it's the section that you practically need to forward your breasts, to fix your posture and spread your legs to carry the weight. A smaller girl than me carried the 25kg weight using her thighs. I managed to carry 10kg the max. *raises one eyebrow......*

That was the first time i had to spread my legs like nobody's business, turned my body around the way i never thought i could, carried weights like 2 bags of beras for 15 times- up and down, and also did something like rowing a boat?. all these "proudly" in public. I couldnt imagine i would do that to save my life, but i did it.

I realized i'm abit shy when it comes to "exposing" my breasts and spreading my legs. I'm certainly quite conservative, when i'm not clubbing i thought.

But i am very proud of myself. Do you know how hard it was for my cousin to convince me to temankan her and affirmed that no trainers will actually make me run for 1hour on the treadmill? It took her weeks!! Some people would be so excited of the idea going to the gym for the first time, i was abit, well scared of the unexpected.

I pictured military types of excercises you know. Luckily, i was 100% wrong. I had a great time in Gym pampering myself with all the awesome facilities and trying on all the machines i could only imagine of watching in the movies. The trainers were expectedly nice (Marketing punya pasal of course) and very much more expected- good looking and kinda strict. Jenny enjoyed the visitation so much, i almost tertidur waiting for her taking bath there. Next thing i saw, she was blowing her hair and giggling like a 4year old. adoh.

After spending almost 3hours in the gym and took millions of cups of 100plus-es, i decided gym's not that scary huh. WITHOUT A PERSONAL TRAINER of course. I swear, if someone tells me what not to eat and how many calories i should burn, every single day i would start to think, act, and look like an anorexic- which is something not in my family's lifestyle.

VJ: So are you joining us?
ME: No.
VJ: *giggles* but why? Are you already happy with your body?
ME: *makes i'm-going-to-slap-you face*. Of course not.
VJ: Then? Joinlahh. So that you guys ade kawan-kawan kan?
ME: I'm busy.
VJ: larrr, there's 24 hours a day kan. so basically (didnt hear the heck his calculations) you have in a day. of course you have time. *flashing his infectious smile*
ME: *dull face* i'm going back to Sabah on Monday.
VJ: *pause* ..okaylah, Jenny you?
ME: *pheeeeww*

I personally think trainers are only for, maximum discipline where you want to reach a certain goal for a certain occasion or something y'know. and eager celebrities of course.

i became abit obsessed now too. I never miss looking at how many calories i'm about to consume before eating now. I will start calculating and dreading how many minutes i have to run on the treadmill to burn them. My mom's dream finally came true. For me to watch what i eat and certainly eat more veggies and apples. I didnt joined in though. Am leaving for KK on monday. kah kah kah, alasan munasabah kaan?


*sigh*. gyms..... They make you think people! *grrr*


ps: Oh yeah. Abang's back from Cambodia. Yeaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!


Love,
Jacqkie.

Comments

The Soundaholic said…
hehehhe go gym babeh!!

you know what, my goal is to lose 10 kg (jeng jeng jeng indeed)

i dont think i'll achieve that in this lifetime, so i suppose a personal trainer with an attitude is exactly what i need.

kekekkeke. ;)
hey there~! nice blog u have. btw, ur mom works in the state library? i think she might know my dad lah.

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.