Skip to main content

sue me fashion police!

I must say when it comes to fashion related stuffs i'm nothing but a noob. a noob i tell you!
I only know how to match them and at least to put on what looks good on what. the basics i must say. But today, deargosh, today what happened was jaw-dropping.
...no no, beyond jaw-dropping!

Introducing...

UGLEH!

Here's the story;


i grabbed the usual Jukebox sandal that costed only rm6.00 but saved my life when my rm49.90 sandal betrayed me in Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman last December.I wore it to college as usual without seeing it coming.

As i was walking to the ICT Department, i started to feel something strange about my walk. Herm, i thought, looked down, and saw Jukebox died infront of my eyes.

Darn it, i thought. howla...

I was dragging myself to the lab and started to think of other alternatives. I was so intelligent that i decided to stapler it!! and yes you're right! it broke again after 5seconds after the stapler. i know, i'm so "intelligent" at times dont i?

As i was dragging myself to the next class, i decided to buy a new sandal. I cant walk, seriously. i thought, by which means i HAVE to buy a new sandal. HAVE TO. since most of the shops in my college sell nothing but foods and stationaries, i kinda thought the idea of buying a new sandal from there would be impossible.

But the stubborn me had to try my luck. I asked my two good friends whether i can borrow their sandal so that i can buy a new sandal from around the college, none of either two of their's fits mine. Surprisingly, my feet size is 7, theirs were 8 and 6.

*looks up at sky, WHY?*

Yadda-yadda, they decided to buy for me instead. ANY SANDAL WILL DO. i remember vividly my desperate face expression and feeling at that time.

I wont be dragging anymore! i thought. yeay! i get to buy a new sandal! yeay!


"Jacqkie, the shops nearby dont have any sandals or flip-flops!" We found one, in pink, is it okay with you?"

"PINK???! Oh my GOSH. No other choice?"


"errr, no. So is it okay with you?"


"-Looking at jukebox- erm, okayla. Just take it!"


"it's rm25 by the way. okay?"


"WHAT?! erm.... okayla. i dont have much choice here."


I was waiting for them with my broken jukebox and being questioned by my friends, and when my friend came walking towards me, I was so happy i couldnt wait to rip off the plastic bag!

UNTIL...

when i saw the sandal, i was like.


..........


are you sure this is it?


........ ........ ........


my hands took Ugleh(thats what i call it) but my brain refused to.


....still, i was...


my friends told me that that was the only sandal sold in that shop AND the only sandal to be found in college.

...........


i put my feet into Ugleh. and noticed that there was more space for my feet. it was size 8.


PURRFECT i thought. dahlah i dont like, it didnt even fit me!

*looks at sky again-why GOD? WHY?*


My friends kept telling me it was "okay la jacq, no worries. it suits bah with your outfit."

their encouragements did not help at all. I personally thought it was the ugliest heels i've ever seen in my entire life, and the fact that i'm wearing it despite the fact that nothing on me was BRIGHT PINK was unforgivable. It was as if Ugleh was flown by the wind and terstuck on my foot. Thats how unmatched me and the sandals were! can you imagine that? ....ouh, on second thought, dont imagine that!

My friend told me the fact that that was the only sandal sold in that shop could mean that it's the owner's personal collection. (JAWDROPS & SLAPSHEAD)

I was extremely dissapointed with that sandal. but decided to thank Ugleh after all, for what she has done to/for me.

for just being there in the shop for me when i need her the most, for just being so Ugleh that other people wont dare to buy it and be mine, for just giving me safety from harm by protecting my feet for I-HOPE a day, and for saving me from further embarassment (although it did so much more of that).


Ugleh is now safely situated in the unused shoerack. i personally dont like the design, the colour(ohyes!) and the brand of Ugleh. so i decided to keep it safe and warm for any "emergency" STRANGE EMERGENCY (i suppose) in future. please forgive me people, but i just cant wear that. i'll keep it, who knows she might be the next Jukebox? (noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo)

*..amazing grace's song..*

Love,
Jacqkie.

Comments

Anonymous said…
wahahaha....at least bukan selipar jipun...wat's wit the XES?hahahaha
hahahaha, i know. one word. EEWWW!
Anonymous said…
bwahahaha!...omg! you're too much whey with that pic of the bunch of shoes in the shoerack but hinglighted the "ugley" one in PINK!..
ahaha, remember my comment to you saying that at least it matches your lips...LOL, the look on your face just shows it all man, how wrong i was...you could just shake me till im breathless tht time!..i can tell you're intentions...*grins*...well, leaving you another commment next time gurl...now wanna gossip with ya!
-bba- said…
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry, it reminded me of my "Oh no my shoe broke at a hotel, during a function officiated by some Minister!!!"...horrifying! Guess what I did? I took my hair band and tie the shoe to my foot! Funny moments!!

hey, the shoe is not THAT ugly bah...it's just pink! hahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
Anonymous said…
hahahahaha this is funny. you even have a funny name for it! hahahaa.

:D
The Soundaholic said…
HAHA!!!

kesian man!

and i have to totally agree with you its UGLEH!!

;)

thats why I wear sneakers, I suppose.
Anonymous said…
lol.. kesian.. haha heard the story from fina but i din know sex i mean xes was that UGLY~!! hahahaa
poor u your rm 25 just flew away like the wind lol.. kesiannya my jackie baby hahahaa...
sweei: i know. i dont like it!i dont think it's ok! yerrr!!!

kar: darn it, why do girls have to experience all these sandals/ heels episodes! grr!

vvens: yeah, Ugleh- Schmugly hor.

Kibeth: i guess sneakers ARE better. they dont break ya?

caroline: it was THAT Ugleh babe. I think you'd laugh at me if you saw it. dear gosh.
Anonymous said…
gosh kie, she is UGLEH...

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.