Skip to main content

reading disorder

*ohh yeaaaahhh uh huh uh huhh i like itttttt!*
just got back from shopping with Nicky Dahling. well technically, Nicky went shopping. and yes, it was very torturous to see all the pretty clothes and dresses and jeans when you know you're not going to have them. *drools* poverty kicks in and i should get back to reality. i didnt even tried anything as i was trying to give my full attention to help to look a dress for nicky for her party tomorrow. anyhoo, we went to Jalan Telawi 2 in Bangsar and the shops there are *HALLELULIA!* they were tons of boutiques and i felt abit jakun walking around there (my first time there). daym!

current mode; really happy as all my assignments are passed up! WEEEEEE!! happy! happy! not just that, i did quite well with almost all of it too. *makes angry look at my newsletter design* except for certain something~

well ehneeeyyway, am currently reading Helen Fielding's Bridget Jones' Diary; The Edge of Reason. i am very greedy. really really greedy. when it comes to books.

i borrowed Charles' Dickens A christmas Carol & I am the only running footman (apprently it's a pub/ club's name- weird ey)two weeks ago, i finished Charles Dickens in a couple of days and opened I am the Only running footman immediately after that. i finished the book few days ago, and i went to the library again the other day and found Bridget Jones' and somehow refuse to let go of it after few pages. i have been wanting to read this book since forever that is why i personally think i had to borrow it. it's beyond my control people!

i asked sway whether she has Memoirs of a Geisha book about a month ago, and she just told me the other day that she doesnt have it :(
i was heart broken but decided to focus on Bridget Jones, until Karen whispered ; "i have it. you want to borrow?"

i had to download and process Karen's words. i was so surprised!!!!

Me: HUH??! YOU DO???!!! How come i dont know???
Karen: *with her very soft manner/voice* you never ask me mah. *smiles* why? i dont look like i have the Memoirs of a Geisha book is it? *smiles sarcastically*
Me: hehehehehe. i dont knowola why i didnt ask you. but, OH MY GOSH??! can i borrow it? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE? *literally shaking her*
Karen: yeah sure. i'll bring tomoroow.
Me: YES PLEASE! THANKKKKKK YOUUUUU!!!!

When i reached college today, Karen gave me the anticipated book with a smile on her face.

*I grabbed the book and put it in my bag, and notice that now, i have three books. *grrr* i'm so greedy i told my self. after class, i went to the library to return the I am the Only Running footman ( again, it's a strange Club/ Pub's name right?! ) and went to the lounge area to continue read Bridget Jones. i was physically attached to the book, somehow Memoirs of a Geisha was lingering at the back of my head.

book devil: go ahead and read Memoirs of a Geisha, come on. you know you want too. ditch this book. you can read it later riteeee?
book angel: finish what you started.... bridget jones is a library book. you only have two weeks to finish it.

i decided to listen to the book angel :)

*looking at the Memoirs of a Geisha book* oh yeah, i read the first page of this book and it made me feel worse! *scratching the table-staring at the book*

I need help. is there a too-greedy-to-read-novels disorder?


Love,
Jacqkie.

Comments

The Soundaholic said…
my dear jacqkie its so scary how we can be so simliar sometimes...

hehe ive read memoirs of a geisha. And hell I couldnt put it down it was so good I didnt sleep for one night wanting to finish it. DAMN GOOD BOOK!!!

Seriously, I know Im making things worst by saying this hehe.. but finish up Bridget Jones pronto and get back to Geisha soon!

Its so sad tho. Hehe..oops was that a spoiler?

sorry!

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.