Skip to main content

you performing?

The microphone's not working. Three of us shared one mic. I was squashed in between. The song was a bit too corny for me. The crowd was big. The courtyard was hot. The heels were killing me. My friends around. and yes, that was indeed my first time singing in college.

Surprisingly, i wasn't nervous at all.

It was pretty obvious that Kerry my friend who I performed with were shit nervous. She was shaking and her voice was breaking. She performed so many times before, and there i was next to her feeling not even the tiniest bit of scared at all. I performed a couple of times before and yeah, every time i performed it would be painless and fast. Since this particular one i was in college in front of all the people i love and not-really, i should be more scared than before right? but again, i wasn't.

Why? because You're looking at me. Anticipating for us to sing. not me looking at you or me waiting for you to sing. Basically, whatever people infront of me saying- that they should perform and those crap, well guess what, they didn't and i did. i'm infront of you and you're not. Thats one of the reason why i wasn't scared. Screw the expectations or the embrassment, the fact that i'm already infront of them was fullfilling enough and was better than all the compliments or laughters. The fact that i'm the performer not the audience was niceeee.

Singing is not something i live for, my passion my life or anything near that. Most performers live and breath performing. i pity them at times but admire them too, because at least they have talent and passion right? but to me Singing is just a hobby. Or a spare time. Or an interest. or something like a game. where you play with it when you're bored. Performing can be really simple and fun, but not if you expect to knock people of their feet and expect compliments and gets pressured. This is the part where i pity real musicians. They depend on people's compliments and critics to make money. Getting pressured, making music is their bread and butter. My heart goes to you guys so rock on.

Performing- the experience should be priceless. No one forced me to, being the laid-back girl i am, i would go for anything and even if it means singing No Scrubs.

Today was cool. The performance was moderately nice. and the crowd was lovely.

Now i'm more positive that there is absolutely nothing wrong with singing infront of people. or maybe even dancing. or maybe even acting. Just make sure, you can at least follow the beat and everyone will be amazed at how brave you are.

"Performing is not just singing or dancing or acting infront of people. Performing starts the moment you said yes to it, and actually be there and didn't pissed on your pants. It takes more than just a good voice and a good song. It needs the right attitude." -Jacqueline Rowena

Love,
Jacqkie

Comments

Anonymous said…
Waaah!
Terrernyer ko nie!
Perform on stage...Hmm i'll only do that if
a.Im drunk
b.im seriously drunl.
c.im suicidal

Well,its good laa bah for you to go upstage and perform.Proud of you!Wakakakakakakak!


Cheers!
haha. Thanks!
The Soundaholic said…
babe! aww im so happy you managed to pull it off! I knew you could do it right from the start!

kudos to you love!!!

mwahmwah. hoping to get to catch you perform one of these days yea ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.