Skip to main content

Mass Colympics

"Hey are you from Mass Comm?"
"...*look down & walked away*"
"Hey are you from Mass Comm?"
".....*tut-tut-tut......*-"

Last wednesday me and lidya went to approach people and publicize our event Mass Colympics to them. It was quite funny as both of us were assuming whether they're mass comm students or just passing by or worker or architectural students or interior or.. blahh.

At first i was still abit shy to ask my collegemates and publizice and promote the event to them- but after a couple of HIs and HEYs, i'm getting okay at it. After feeling like i've approached tons of people, I still have billions of flyers in my hand and the same people are passing by.
My "boss" mentioned not to force them to go or inform them that it's a compulsory to attend the event(because it is) so me and lidya had to be this really nice and sweet person to explain and promote to them about the event and hopes for positive reaction or vibe from them.

Yeah i asked those hunks in college whether they are from Mass Comm- despite the fact that i've seen them around with rulers and computer books! *dam-dam-dam!!* -gigglesss-
Some are very nice and sweet and actually took the time to listen to us, some treated us like we're the wallpapers, some just stare at us and some... well we ignored them. hahaha! nah-they're not Mass Commers any way.

"Lidya, is he from Mass Comm?"
"I dont know, thats why we cant ask him later."
"haha, nice!"

I know, we sound so pathethic right but hey! we were suppose to promote the event to Diploma and Foundation Mass Commers okay-and standing around the lift area with 4lecturers infront of us and being ignored by people at times isnt really the ecstasy ok. and the only entertainment we had were ourselves and the millions of flyers we had. How kesian was that?
To all my friends who's in Diploma/ Foundation in Communication; do come for this event! It's a sports event people!- it's rareeeeee!
Paintball/ Dodgeball/ Obstacle Course/ Free Food/ Goodie Bags/ meeting new people/ watching lecturer's getting dirty/ and even skip class for a day! (it's in the attendance actually.....) for only RM10!!!!How could you say no to that? weeeee!

*Design from the Creative/ Publicity Department*

Love,
Jacqkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.