Skip to main content

future?

"You gotta do what you Love or just Love what you do!". -Andrea

Was she right or was she right?

My mum is in love with books. used to and i guess will always be. and the reason she's doing what she's doing now, is purely for the love of books. Well we know one person who's doing what she loves. She's my walking dictionary. But even now, waking up to work would irritate her at times because basically it bores her too.

When i first entered high school, i remember vividly how i really wanted to be a "Scientist". Like really. I would buy Science Workbooks, and watch those science stuffs on TV, man!
The reason was nothing close to loving the subject, but just purely because i was influenced by mum; it'll pay me well, i visualize myself mixing the chemicals and i got really good marks for science. Those are the three main reasons why i wanted to become a Scientist. Back then, i was so sure Science was what i wanted and that i could buy my mum cars and vacation with that job.
Everything sounded perfect!

UNTIL, i joined all the competitions/ public speaking/ debate that i started to realize that maybe just maybe science is not the right path for me.

My mum knew i was the different one in the family. I was the one more relaxed, outspoken and spontaneous. When i dont agree on something i would say what's on my mind in the most repective way i could. I was the prefects, the organizers, the secretary, the leaders, the volunteer in social work and the outgoing one in the family. She hated the fact that i'm so much involved in these things but loved it in a way too. She decided to convince me on law. Even after winning the Best Speaker for some of the Debates, nothing about Law intrigues me. nothing at all. except for hot male lawyers! :)

So anyway, wen i was in form 5, i was much more certain that science was definitely not for me. I didn't gave up on science though and every single night i would study hard at least a couple of hours to convince myself Science is not that bad after all.....and to proove to mummy i can do it.

I am an introvert. I dont speak much when i'm around you. And i am very much of a listener instead of the speaker when communicating. Somehow, different kinds of people in the world excites me. Different behaviours of people interests me. Everything about people is worth the time to understand.

My top 3 career choices when i was in form 5-
1. Psychologist
2. Psychiatrist (yes-yes Taman Bahagia/ Bukit Padang that)
3. Public Relations/ NGOs/ Community Service / Volunteery Workers

Before you raise your eyebrow, yeah, i really wanted to help people. I really really do. I have always wanted to help people in any way i could, and i personally think, helping them mentally is a great start. Thus, the career choice psychologist. It was my dream job, to help people mentally or even giving them security and encouragements. When i told my mum i wanted to be a Psychiatrist, she had this "not-again you have got to be kidding me" kind of face. My mum was just as scared as any other mums, and letting me to deal the ill/unstable friends in future scared her. She disapprooved it strongly and asked me to change my option. My last option was PR/ NGOs/ CS and VW. My mum knew i was going to come up with some volunteery thingy work but she told me "babey- it's about the money at times-so think again".

From there, i decided to become Public Relations. It was then i realized it could help me to see all the different publics in the world. Mum thought it's a good field and it's a growing industry. The investors, the workers, the bosses, the customers, the partners,.. everything. I could learn how to handle them and understand how to tackle problems and maybe humble myself. I could learn why they're acting like this and why should i not act like this and that. I can fix my communication skills and learn more about it- the way to approach people in this kinda way. I have always been interested in people and behaviours, when i found the right college and gotten mum's approove- well, the rest is history.

There goes, i might think i'm doing what i Love now but i'm not really sure whether i'll still be loving what i'm doing in few years later.

"Every type of work in the world has it's advantages and disadvantages girl. If you know one without long hours/ listening to people/ thinking/ moving/ writing/ typing/ maybe even have to look pretty everyday, tell me. I want that job too. " -Mary Kinti

Dont you think so too?


Love,
Jacqkie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.