Skip to main content

Are you Beautiful?

I just want to talk about an awesome campaign my seniors launched today. It was the Beauty Campaign. It's about a campaign that appreciates inner and outer beauty. Body, mind and soul.

Okay, so we were told that everyone is beautiful and what matters is on the inside. But we were 'shown' the other way round.

How are we suppose to know what Beautiful really means when all we see are pretty people getting the cute boys & vice versa and pretty people turn heads around but not-so pretty people are invisible? or maybe even it's okay when pretty people wears push ups but not when not so wears it?

it has always been something i believed in, that getting to know the person first, is all it takes to know whether that person is beautiful or not. You're either beautiful or you're not. I personally think there's no one in between.

Take these scnearios:

-"I feel beautiful. I feel beautiful! But why is he looking at my tummy instead of my face?"
- *Thinking* "Oh my gosh, he's looking at me. I know i'm beautiful!"

See the difference?

First of all, yes everyone is beautiful, i really really think so too. It's your different skin colour and the size of your nose that makes you unique. The way you look at people will already tell a story of what you think of them. The way you wear your dress will already tell a book of what you think of yourself.

But beautiful is rather.. ambiguous.

There's a huge difference between feeling beautiful and you being really beautiful. Feeling beautiful can be sad actually because you keep telling yourself you are beautiful but you know that the girl with the better skin gets the attention instead of you. Then you disagree the fact that everyone is beautiful. and keep on cursing the media and the magazines.

Honestly, why should we keep telling other people that everyone is beautiful when in reality, it's still obvious most people dont care about the 'propaganda' "everyone is beautiful". Everyone thinks highly of themselves and no they still wont share their drinks with people with crooked teeth.

What i'm trying to say is, why do we tell ourselves constantly that we are beautiful when we know we already are? Why people keep reminding other people they are beautiful when we know other people are obviously beautiful too? Why do people say the different features we got make us "unique"? Is that just another word for weird? But you're putting it in a good way? Tell me, enlighten me.

I personally think that the easiest thing you could do is just be friends with everyone? and hug them like they dont have diseases? Or maybe share some juicy secrets with them like they know about "it" too? or maybe talk about how good they are in bed without visualizing their facial expression during that time or their cellulite?

Telling people they're beautiful is undeniably sweet and improves their self confidence, no doubt. But the fact that you talk about the hair of the person at the next table after that will be pointless already. Thats why i dont gossip nor judge. I guess i never will. It's an evil deed and it doesn't make me a better person. Though at times, i admit i automatically judge people i dislike. My bad, but i'm learning to scratch that out from me.

I hope you wont people. please. The moment you talk bad about other person's waist size or eyebrows, you're already not beautiful to me.

So, are you beautiful?


Love,
Jacqkie.

Comments

The Soundaholic said…
awww.

im touched sister! seriously.

I mean, I used to get really insecure with how I look like you know, since Im a bit chubby and all that, and I'd think that nahh, who can like me?

But then you'll never know huh? ;)

so yea. we dont need to tell ourselves that we're beautifull, we just know. Its like a silent understanding.

yay for you. muwah.!
-bba- said…
Reminding ourselves that we are beautiful is not that bad bah.

Bila lagi mau paksa ppl to say that you're beautiful when you're not?!

I don't care, gangsterism is the way to go... cos, I am BEAUTIFUL! Yeay! (bidaknyaaa perangai!)
-bba- said…
Reminding ourselves that we are beautiful is not that bad bah.

Bila lagi mau paksa ppl to say that you're beautiful when you're not?!

I don't care, gangsterism is the way to go... cos, I am BEAUTIFUL! Yeay! (bidaknyaaa perangai!)

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.