Skip to main content

Chinese New Year!

So it's chinese new year again and i loved the Chinesey feeling around. Haha, 'chinesey'.

Anyway, i was invited to a friend's house today in Cheras KL and well since i dont have a car i have to use the public transport to go there.
(Darn you public transport- i thought i could forget about you during the holidays!)

So, i took taxi to midvalley and from there i took the ktm to Salak Selatan. and from there i had to take another cab which costed me RM15.00 to go to my friends' house. and well i got lost.

okay, okay i'm not 'complaining' just 'mentioning' things happened today.
when i reached there i met up with all her family members and greet them Chinese New Year nicely and got fed with tons and tons of nice food. Oh man, it was so nice of them! i was also introduced to this one vegetarian dish which tasted really good and i learn some chinese traditions;
a) eat vegetarian on the first day of cny.
b) cant sweep the floor on the first day of cny.
c) cant wash clothes on the first day of cny.

Awesome eh! as i was talking to Jenny, she asked me how i got there and everything, and i told her about the ktmla;

Jacqkie: oh, i was from Midvalley and i took the ktm to Salak Selatan.
Jenny: Huh? what are you doing in Salak Selatan?
Jacqkie: i thought i had to stop there?
Jenny: No. it's Bandar Tasik Selatan.
Jacqkie: alamak, i stopped there.
Jenny: no wonder i had to wait for you for quite awhile. then it must be expensive la? Coz from Bandar Tasik Selatan is only RM4-5.
Jacqkie: (thinking oh shit) erm RM10something-something. (lie, it was RM15).
Jenny: Oh my gosh! thats expensive!

heh, this is what happens when you're trying to be so clever by not looking PROPERLY at the address.

what surprised me was, i was the only one there from my school. Maybe the rest came earlier or later, but i was the only one there when i came. her mom gave me a plastic full of mandarins and some really nice cookies and sweets. Awwwww.. and ang pau too. *grins*

After the visit, i had to go to church. Alone. my cousin got sick so she cant really walk around. poor her. that didnt stop me from going to church (aishmen, tembirang la this). I took the KTM from Bandar Tasik Selatan(correct now!) to midvalley and from there i took the cab and went for church.

as you expected, I got lost again! and finally i reach church after 25minutes of searching the place. My gosh. i'm such an idiot sometimes.

lets just say i did alot of alone-travelling today and alot of losing directions. *rolls eyes*.
But i'm glad my friend loved my company and fed me all these really nice chinese foods, and gave me oreo, and some cookies and some mandarins.. seriously alot of foods! and going to church just makes "wasted tons of money today" worth it.


Church Mass is the best thing after food. dont you think so?


ps: i'm a huge fan of culture/ traditions. Invite me to any ceremony, open houses, celebrations culture or tradition related, i'll try and be there! *Smiles widely*

Love,
Jacqkie.


Comments

Anonymous said…
kili jga ni...sia x brani oh jln2 sndiri gtu :p
haha. boleh belajar bah travelling alone. ;D

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.