Skip to main content
It was indeed my day yesterday.
I was happy to the extend that i just felt like hugging all the people around me at that time. Wow! From the surprises to the presents i got; i felt blessed and amazed happy truly that i am in KL studying in Taylors now.
I was thinking of buying myself a cake to eat by myself on my birthday, but something better happened. My housemates ambushed my room and sang me the birthday song and brought me a cake with a candle exactly at 12.00 am in the morning 2nd Oct!! I was shocked! i was still in a blur for a few minutes but when my roomate asked me to make a wish, i knew it was happening. It was real. I GOT A BIRTHDAY surprise at the last place i expected to get from! I was taking deep breaths, but still I couldn't control my tears. I burst in tears and my housemates hugged me to console.
I thought i'll be celebrating my birthday alone this year ( for it falls on a Monday), but i was wrong. Seriously, they are people out there that cares about me. And i was amazed by the hugs and the kisses i got.
I was touched. I couldn't help smiling when i went back to bed. I couldn't really sleep, i wanted to celebrate with my family above anything else, but after the surprise i think to myself, wow, it was my first time celebrating far from home with new people and new surrounding, it turned out to be surprisingly AMAZING.
Reached class, more wishes from my lovely friends. More hugs. *smiles*
After a class, I got another surprise. It was from my class mates this time. They kinda did the same thing like my housemates did, but this time i managed to take control of my tears because i wont allow embarassing myself. again.
So i hugged everyone nearby and thanked them as much as I could for putting out the effort to give me a birthday surprise.
Went to Asia Cafe at night and celebrated my birthday again. I took the time playing good pool, foosball... basically i took the time off. I am usually a person who's concerned about studies all the time and worries more about assignment. In short, i'm studious. Which can be yeah good at times.
But since that day is officially a day of MYSELF so no worries, books and problems can hold me down! None. * nyiahahahaha- laughs evilly* hehe.
More calls...more wishes. Wow, my phone was the busiest it has been that day. And boy was i glad because it was for an extremely good reason. *smiles*
Yet again, i'm here to conclude that the thought that my birthday this year will turned out
really bad and with no one to celebrate with was dead-wrong!
I had the most fun and love in years for my birthday from different people all over me. I was so happy.
Thanks you guys. It meant ALOT to me. =) Special thanks to Mr. Indy the coolest lecturer ever,
for taking his personal time to SMS me. Thanks thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Sapi @ Tunku Abdul Rahman Parks

Before I proceed to my write up on Pulau Sapi, let me do the duty to carefully explain to you why there are so many people talking about so many islands at the mention of the word, Sabah. Reason why I'm doing so is because whenever people visit KK City, they have very limited time in exploring most of the natural gorgeous attractions, and sometimes ended up just moving around KK City. And when one does that, people would usually end up asking, why are there so many mentions of islands when we get to experience none?  As you can see from the previous Matthew Paul map below; Sabah is situated close to top north of the Borneo Island. That said, it's a privilege to say that tons of islands are under the local towns and cities surrounding the shores of this particular part of Borneo island. From Sipitang (look out from South left), imagine yourself  "walking" from the Sipitang's shore / beach walk up slowly to Menumbuk, Kuala Penyu, Pulau Tiga, Kota Kinabalu, Tun

Pulau Mantanani // Mantanani Island

I started off my 10 day break with a day trip to Mantanani. I wanted to visit Mantanani for THE LONGEST TIME, but couldn’t get around doing so all these while, either I haven’t saved up enough or basically, just haven’t got the weekends to spare it with.   Some folks call it the mermaid island because of the dugong sightings underwater – which is seriously magical. Some folks even say you could catch a glimpse of dolphins. They’ve had photos with it, but I personally have never seen them before.  Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to share with you why this trip was important.    If you see the map above, I’ve yellow squared Mantanani Island in comparison to the journey from Kota Kinabalu. If you’re not a map kind of person, that is --- quite far. Not Sipadan (Tawau, Sandakan, Lahad Datu kind of far) but far enough to be a put off to some locals at times. Previously, you’d have to drive up north for approximately 1.5 hours, or take a bus to Kota Belud, to

Poem I wrote myself for my birthday

Love,  Jacqueline Rowena @ Jacqkie.